1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Anthrax album...

Discussion in 'General' started by turbodogs02, Oct 22, 2011.

1. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

kicks ass

nice to see 'em back to putting out some quality tunes

that is all....

:rock:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I heard a couple of tunes off of it on sirius. Killah!!!! :up:

Also heard Lou Reed with Metallica and I wanted to tear the stereo out of the car and beat on it with my penis! SUCKS to the point of making Saint Anger sound great. :mad:

3. bsawicki

bsawicki Well-Known Member

...does kick ass...

last good metallica was master of puppets...

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Eh, And Justice had a few decent tracks. Harvestor of Sorrow was a good one. Prolly some others, can't recall.

So does the new Anthrax sound like the old Anthrax?

5. turbodogs02

:crackup:

I'm willing to say the last good Metallica album was Justice, and I'll let the Black album slide on previously built up musical radness.....after that they should have disbanded, counted their loot, and retired...

But back to Anthrax......nice to see pretty much the OG lineup back to business....those dudes can still kill it 20+ years in

The Devil You Know, new favorite song....

I'm Alive

Revolution Screams

The two bonus tracks, especially the first one.....hell the whole freakin album just rocks....

to me it sounds a lot like Anthrax should sound like, just updated....a little more polished, but still hits hard. You can tell it's Anthrax, if that makes sense...From the guitars to the drums, hell even Joey still sounds good...lol....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  6. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

and justice is the best album ever written. ....by any artist. EVER. Master of Puppets would probably be number 2...

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Anthrax was one of those bands I never "got". Love metal, but I always thought Anthrax sucked.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Pass me some of whatever you're smokin.... :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Written? Meh. Produced and performed? F@ck no.

That album sounded like they recorded it with a pickaxe on a brake rotor. :down:

Primus sucks. :D

Anthrax was kinda "different", I was ok with their stuff back in the day but was more a "harder edge" kinda guy. I still get a bit weepy at "Melissa" by Mercyful Fate. ;)

10. turbodogs02

Damn dude....really?

What metal did you like then?

Shit...Death Angel, Exodus, Forbidden, Sepultura.....all good times.

But no Anthrax huh?

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Sorry man. I was much more into the British wave of metal like Sabbath, Ozzy, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. To me, THAT was metal. I was more of a hair metal guy in my early band days. But I do like early Metallica, Megadeth, Racer X, and some of the Shrapnel artists. Even took a while for me to love Dimebag and Pantera. Miss that guy! :(

12. turbodogs02

Ahh....I'm tracking with ya....

I never really dug Ozzy so much, but Priest, Maiden, for sure......

Plus the hair metal days of Motley Crue, Tesla, Great White, et al...lol...

13. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I'm gonna go see them next week. w/ Testament and DeAth Angel.