1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Malcolm young thread got me thinking.... Loudest bands you've seen

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Two different things. To me quality is the equipment and the mix.

They were great man. Saw them at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem. Audio in that venue was always garbage but the show was terrific. I can't remember who they were with on that tour.

I did work an AC/DC tour in 2000 something? All those Marshall stacks are fake btw. Nothing in em.

V5 Racer and t11ravis like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A few dino jr mentions........I thought that was wussy skate-core or whatever the skaters called it........trying to be HC but mixed with robert smith emotions???? Thats all I remember of them.....but then again its been 25 years + since I heard them last.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw them open at Lollapalooza. RATM went on after them so I pretty mich forgot whatever shitty music dino jr plays lol.

t500racer likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dinosaur skate core? Nope, more like Neil Young turned up to 12. Get bored some time go watch the rig rundown with them on yougores. J is painful to listen to talk and Lou isn't much better but their set ups are crazy.

If spinal top's marshalls goes to 11, Dinosaur borrowed them and got them, hotted them and turned everything up to 12,

5. britx303

Oh I just remember all the skater guys and chicks listening to them.....maybe it was the bouncing between listening to stuff like napalm death and then DJ at the skate park that made them seem soft........meh its been a long time.

6. britx303

RATM? Talk about shitty music........sheesh.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hawkwind - St Albans City Hall, 1980.

ChuckS and motoboy like this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

I lived in Boston. So I couldn't escape dino jr for a while.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I lost significant hearing at a Ministry show in the nineties.
    Scorn was so loud and bass deep, I could hear the show with my ribcage vibrating.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Van Halen was painfully loud.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Van Halen 1984
    Motorhead
    My Bloody Valentine

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You win. :beer:

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Except I evidently can't spell arena....

14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of them.

15. motoboy

I prefer the bands that don't have to crank it. I saw TMBG a couple times at the Music Farm in Charleston and it was great. I stayed behind the bar at the back of the room. I could see everything, hear everything and get a bunch of drinks whenever I wanted.

I played stunt trumpet for a shit local "rock" band at Gottrocks in Greenville, SC and it was so effing loud! What's the point? I guess they were making up for the fact that they thought endless inversions=chord changes. Their inspiration was Mogwai (don't remember how to spell it, some shit Scottish mood music band I think). Anyway, they were drinking buddies and we had a good time.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Well known in the UK for one song "Silver Machine" that got re-released numerous times and always made the top 20. Lemmy was with them for a short time until his excesses proved too much. Ginger Baker was on drums the tour I saw them on, very entertaining night just watching the others in the audience. The ringing in my ears lasted for days afterwards, I've never had that before or since and I spent years in race paddocks pre-muffler days.

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Nugent was fookin loud. The Clash buckled my knees at one point...painfully loud, everything was muffled for a couple of days afterward. The Ramones w/ Social Distortion had the ears ringing well into the next day.

18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

+2 on Dinosaur Jr.

J. Mascis was pissed about something w/the house PA, so he just turned his rig up to 13 and went apeshit.

Honorable mentions:

Beastie Boys
    High on Fire
    Link Wray
    Radio Caroline

19. motoboy

Sweet. I really only know them becausw Michael Moorcock played with them for awhile. I used to love his novels, but found the music bombastic. I'll have to pull it out again and give it a relistenm

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Would love to see High on Fire!!
    I won 2 tickets a few yrs back,and didn't go,cause no one would go with me..sadness...:(