1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Looming Tower

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It’s not pretty, it’s not fun, it might open old wounds, but it is worth it to watch the whole thing (or read the book). We all kinda know the story, so there’s not really spoilers, but it does fill in some interesting details, even if only part of it is true.

The final episode just aired in the last day or so, and it was tough, but I watched it.

My jaw hit the floor when Condoleeza Rice said, “Rumsfeld wants the attack linked to Hussein and Iraq.” I don’t know if she really said that, but damn...

2. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Watched the final episode tonight, when it ended the wife and I literally sat in silence for five minutes, bloody rough.

I have no idea on how much is true or how much is fictionalized, but I certainly feel like everything that happened very likely did. The CIA hoarding of info and the straight up lying to the 9/11 commission stirred up some serious rage®️

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I read that Ali Soufan resigned from the FBI after the 9/11 commission report - because of the disgust with how everything was handled.

Also, I wonder if John O'Neill's families all ever met each other?

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Guess I found my new show.

5. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that too. I might have to pick up his books and give them a read (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/books/review-anatomy-of-terror-ali-soufan.html). I'm ashamed to admit that I'm woefully unknowledgable about a lot of the underpinnings of the Al Qaida / ISIS uprising and future.

Lawn Dart likes this.