1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Kentucky Legend" Limited Edition Prints

Discussion in 'General' started by Disco, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

The Nicky Hayden tribute prints are finally up for sale on my website. I created this painting as an homage and tribute to his legacy as a spectacular motorcycle racing champion and his hard-working and generous character. It was also my intention to donate a full size canvas print to the Hayden family so I really wanted to make it special. It will be given to Roger this weekend.

Prints are available in 2 sizes: 16"x24" archival glossy paper, llimited to only 169 prints, and in 24"x36" canvas prints (original size) which are limited to only 10. (6 left)

For all sales through the entire month of July, 15% of profits will be donated to the Nicky Hayden Memorial Fund.

Thanks guys!

Please use the link below, or click the image:

http://diegoromoart.com/product/kentucky-legend-nicky-hayden-painting-prints/

[​IMG]

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you do prints of something you painted? Do you paint each one?

3. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Only 5 left now. Looking forward to seeing this on my shop wall.

4. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

I start by taking my painting to a print shop here in SD (the best I found). They professionally photograph it and color match to develop a high res digital copy of it. They use this file for producing prints. The paper prints are made with a high gloss finish which I think suits the art. For each print I add the title at the bottom, sign and number it. I also include a certificate of authenticity.

I also offer canvas prints, which I do actually paint on. I like to make each canvas print unique by adding certain details that I think enhance the art, and then I finish it with 3 coats of high gloss varnish, which is what I do with my originals. I really looks sharp when done.

I hope that helps.

5. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your order Rob! Actually 4 canvas prints left now.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It does. Thanks.

7. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

3 left.

I'll get some pictures of the canvases and prints I have from him posted this weekend to give you a look see.

8. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

2 left

Trust mine will look great next to his autographed picture he signed for me.

No rush, perfection takes time. LOL

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

That's great work. I ordered a print, looking forward to getting it framed and up on the wall.

laich528 likes this.
  10. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Being a Kentucky Kid myself I had to order one of the canvases which looks to be the last one. I can't wait to see it! Good work man.

Trunxgp1224 likes this.
  11. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Yes you got the last one, thank you! I had no idea the canvasses would go so fast.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, canvas ran out :(

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Bet if you threatened to ban him he would make you one. :D

dtalbott and caferace like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tempting :D

15. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

It was an impulse buy.. Guess one less road america day.

I was surprised how fast they sold. Glad I checked in, guess I need to tell the wife.
    Nah,, will wait until it shows up.
    Announced at 8:30 pm sold out by end of day. Fantastic.

SO your not going to now make this 100 limited editions prints up from 10 LOL.

16. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

No I'm not, I posted them at 10 initially and will keep them at that limit.

17. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Shoot me a PM Mongo.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Didn't think so, know it must have crossed you mind for one second, the response was amazing.
    OH, Thanks. Your very talented, beautiful work.

I assume you wont mind if I put this thread on a couple other forum's I'm on. Would like to support your work.

20. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Thank you, and yes please go ahead and share! :beer: