1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ever watch a "football" match? Plenty of british Asshats.

Mods, can we change the title to this thread to "Hamilton fan boys with saggy diapers that leak"?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    six6two likes this.
  2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lorenzo was already kicking his ass, keeping the top of the podium warm for Marquez, when Rossi ran away from Yamaha with his tail between his legs. So, no, he would not have one more. But whatever helps you sleep at night, man. :D

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same Schumacher who pretended his leg was still broken just so he wouldn't have to return to the car and helped his teammate Eddie Irvine win the championship since he couldn't anymore? Yeah, a heart made of gold. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The Dutch Grand Prix again outlined what many of us knew. Hamilton may be a fast racer, but he is not a cerebral racer. Russell, years his junior, had the presence of mind to call out that he wanted tires and they had to be softs. It's what was needed and it worked. Hamilton sits in his car and does nothing but blame the strategists and state with hindsight what they should have done. You rarely ever hear anything from him other than how his tires are doing at that moment. Even Max, for as head down and "punch it" as he is, can figure out strategy when racing. Hamilton cannot.

six6two likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

All you Hamilton haters and Max and Russel nut huggers. I wonder if Russel would’ve actually gotten his tires changed if not for the fact that they were already coming down pit lane. I’m not sure Mercedes would’ve obliged if they were still on track. I commend him for saying to the team it was a mistake and he wanted a new warm set of softs. I’m sure if it was the other way around y’all would be just ripping Hamilton for more complaining. Hamilton is damned no matter what with y’all.

Oh quick question are you counting last year and potentially this year as 2 years of championship for Max? You know with discounting Hamilton’s championships because he was in the best car all those years. Seems the Red Bull is the best car by a decent amount this year. Even compared to the Ferrari.

BigBird likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Have missed the Colton herta talk? Seems redbull wants him to replace gasley but with the messed up point system indycar points count for less towards a super license than f4 racing.. so they are try to figure out a solution if he can race F1 gasley goes to Alpine

six6two likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Herta also talked to Ferrari, test driver. Be cool to see ANY American get a shot. How about Coach Gibbs' grandson, Ty, he's been kicking butt in Nascar. Too bad Toyota is out of it.

six6two likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How about Logan Sargeant?

10. noles19

It's funny I have never heard of him until lately. Seems likes he definitely has a shot in the future, not with Haas because they are stupid but maybe a different team.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I've been watching him for a few years in F3 and F2.

12. noles19

We don't even get the f2/3 races here to my knowledge

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's too bad. They are a lot more fun to watch. A couple of guys in F3 this weekend went side-by-side around what felt like half a lap of Zandvoort.

noles19 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can get highlights on the formula 1 channel, if you have an interest. Better than nothing.

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Am I supposed to be one of the Hamilton fans?

Also, my previous comments were about F1 fans.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You do see the irony of making a comment like that while swinging from Hamiltons nutsack, don't you? It is all about perspective...:D

six6two likes this.
  17. rwdfun

rwdfun

As long as you see the irony of you calling out my irony.

There is a little difference though. Back when I became a Hamilton fan by him putting Alonso in his place as a rookie, I wasn't attempting to diminish the current top drivers. I just liked seeing Hamilton beat them and doing it with a decent amount of sportsmanship. I don't recall him using his car as a battering ram every chance he got but maybe I'm bias and blind to those events. There maybe was a one off here or there but Max was hitting or running Hamilton off almost every race the 2nd half of the year. He was using the Prost points lead defense tactic. I have been watching Max bob and weave as long as he's been in that Red Bull seat starting mostly against his own teammates. My first recollection of Hamilton really being a prick on track was when he brake checked Vettel through the narrow bit at Baku. That was a BS move but was glossed over because Vettel then pulled along side him and hit him. Most of the ire went on Vettel for that when a decent amount should've been directed at Hamilton.

As for Russel, he's who I'm rooting for now and into the future. The habit of rooting for Hamilton is just hard to break even though he annoys me with his lack of drive at times. Getting older and he doesn't seem to fight through issues like he used to when he was younger and like Russel is doing now. However, anyone thinking Russel on even footing is faster right now is delusional. Hamilton had several bad luck events with safety cars during early races when he was clearly faster than Russel but Russel finished higher. Hamilton was faster last race until the safety cars. Image that new softs are faster than old hards.

On another topic, anyone else see more on the Piastri contract dispute? Initially, I thought it may have been Alonso and Webber involved to extract Piastri, but seems Alpine were idiots. They couldn't either commit to Alonso or rip that band-aid off and let him walk to put Piastri in the car. They were trying to play both sides but Alonso found a better deal and took it. Problem was they seemed to never have anything signed with Piastri for 2023 and only had a terms sheet signed for 2022 to test drive. Looks like Piastri technically was without a real contract for this last year. I'm sure McLaren were happy to offer him a contract for 2023.

18. noles19

Porsche and Red Bull deal seems to have fallen apart which is very interesting.
    I wonder what team they would join up with, Williams? Haas?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting indeed. I wonder why they want to have both Porsche and Audi in F1 anyway. Unlike the MotoGP branding schemes, there are both going to spend hundreds of millions developing making engines.

BigBird likes this.
  20. noles19

That is kinda what I was also thinking and I really don't have an answer although I do see a situation where they share engines now that redbull isn't involved, from what I read redbull doesn't want to give up half of the team and they made quick progress on their own engine shop so they don't feel the need to have Porsche.
    Really the only teams that would be an option would be Haas, Williams, or Mclaren since Audi is taking over for Alfa.