1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I may have counted wrong, but I think Hamilton has qualified better than George 8/15 times. Sounds like lots of room to doubt who is faster to me, but whatever...

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

1. Hamilton is closer to the end of his career then to the beginning. Not everyone walks away at the top of their game.
    2. I've been watching Russell race since he was in F2. He's not just some guy off the street. He is a very special driver. Special enough that a slight decline in performance by someone who may or may not be the GOAT would put them on an very competitive level.
    3. It's easy to see how someone with seven championships can dislike a lousy car with no shot at the championship enough that they would not be as motivated as a young hungry driver on the way up.
    It may well be possible that by the time he's 10 years into the game, Russell has shown enough that he can legitimately be considered to be the greater driver of the two. We are not even close to making that determination yet. Only thing we know is that right now, he might be better than today's Hamilton in this car.

Boman Forklift, Jedb, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This overwhelming display of logic and common sense is just too much. You’re new here right? :D

noles19 likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Temporary lapse in judgment. :D

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Excellent post Papa…. Hamilton is no doubt an exceptional talent. He’s a marketing machine, hard to beat his career. I don’t think he’s any better than Max, Vettle, or Alonso at their prime, and that’s just the current drivers. Probably a dozen drivers could’ve had a similar career as Lewis had if they had the chance. I wonder how the team chemistry might change if George keeps heading in the current direction.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At the end of the day they want to win titles. If George is their best chance you will see the team focus on George.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, at least he has raced all of them in their prime so we have that to make our own individual opinions.

One thing he has over Alonso and Vettel (beyond overwhelmingly better numbers) is that he's won championships with two teams while the other two were never as dominant after leaving the team that got them their first championships. I think he's better than them but I'm not going to find anyone who says he isn't.

Max, though, I think might be the best of the lot. I have seen a lot of drivers. I don't think I have seen talent like that since Senna. And evaluations don't get more objective than that because I hated both. :D

Boman Forklift, six6two and Senna like this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Max is a killer and makes no excuses for it. Just like senna or Schumacher in F1, kobe and MJ in basketball. Their outright speed/slill is better than pretty much everyone but the mindset is what seems to make the difference.

six6two likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Schumacher is not on their level. :D

Boman Forklift and ungwaha like this.
  10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Did they cheat too?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

noles19 and HPPT like this.
  12. noles19

Did you not see him with mika and Rubens Barrichello? He was cold blooded

six6two and HPPT like this.
  13. noles19

I'm not sure which you're referring to but the answer is probably yes regardless

14. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Schumacher had a heart!
    Schumacher lets teammate pass
    Associated Press

'Life is to be honest and to be fair, and that's what I want to be,'' Schumacher said. ''I felt he deserved to win this race.''

https://www.espn.com/rpm/f1/2002/0929/1438517.html

six6two and noles19 like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not gonna begrudge anyone trying to make sure that his children never have to work but I wish Jacques Villeneuve had been hungrier for championships and not prioritized money. The years he wasted at BAR could have been spent taking a couple of championships or more from Schumacher.

Boman Forklift and Razr like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yes and had Rossi not gone to Ducati, he would have won a couple more. A pointless exercise.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No he wouldn’t have. :D

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

He also beat Alonso into a decade of irrelevance as his rookie teammate.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You're out of your god damn mind.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Reported.

motion likes this.