1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

More arrogant than Argentinians?!

six6two likes this.
  2. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

More arrogant than Parisians? Cross fitters? Religious zealots? Vegans? Bicyclists?

Chino52405, stk0308 and dobr24 like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And those people that don't own a TV:D

Chino52405, six6two and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Filled out this survey, very well done and worthwhile. The cat hair is complimentary.

8B63F918-C1CE-4022-8FDD-309966AC09D7.jpeg

5. six6two

six6two AWD

Whats wrong with Argentinians?!

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This makes my blood boil. More thoughts later.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So, how to begin. A bit of perspective and context perhaps, seems like a good idea. I and my sister were raised by two very good and pragmatic people, a traditional marriage for the time, father ruled the roost and mother tended the home. My father was a career soldier, 30 years in the US Army, retiring as a SGM. He didn’t have any sons. As a result, neither I nor my sister are intimidated by anything or anyone. It is a joke between us, when some jumped up B- player enters the game, yeah, you ain’t shit, and we laugh. That kind of upbringing makes you quite resilient.

I am 57 now, but I wasn’t always, and I was quite pretty in my day. As was my sister. Exotic looking, our father was Hawaiian. We both look great now, that’s not the point.

The point is, you fathers of daughters, teach them that there are bad actors out there, and how to navigate through them. I have found that is successfully done, after a career with 95% men, that you do that by creating an aura about you.

What kind of aura? The kind where you stare down a judge that ends up being the US Attorney General, the kind where you have never been touched without your permission, the kind where you never feel uncomfortable with guys, don’t care how drunk they are, sure I may end up raped and/or dead, but you’re going to be missing an eye, at a minimum.

That is the look to transmit. Not oh that bothers me, I’m uncomfortable, someone help me. You need to convey I will fuck you up. And you need to mean it. Teach your daughters that. To be tough, not rough, there’s a difference.

Unless and until these incel cretins are eradicated from the face of the earth like the vermin scourge they are, it will be thus.

I wish it weren’t so, but it is so. I live in the land of is, not in the land of should.

9. rd400racer

Good write up. I like to think that I raised my daughter as you suggested. She grew up surrounded by motorcyclist and hockey players, so she learned to not take shit from anyone. And these people she grew up around were protective of her too. The girl can talk exotic cars and jets in the same breath as cosmetics and chick flicks. And in 5 weeks I get to walk her down the aisle to marry a very fine gentleman, which is exactly the kind of man I knew she would select. I grew up in a family that was all boys, and the previous generation was the same. Having a daughter has been the highlight of my life. And we have an annual tradition where just the two of us go to the state fair to act like kids. A couple of weeks ago was our 15th year of doing this. What a girl!

[​IMG]host free images

10. tiggen

Nothing, they're just arrogant as f@ck.

six6two likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Alpine last the arbitration. McLaren gets Piastri.

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

How did such a nice looking young woman get such an ugly Dad? :D

rd400racer likes this.
  13. rd400racer

Dumb luck :D

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

Red Bull doing what Red Bull does. Perez planned spin behind Max pole time? You shouldn’t be able to benefit from a mistake. Perez should be relegated to 10th for causing others fastest laps to be halted

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I was half expecting to see a flare on track after max set his lap, but guess that wasn't needed.

16. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

Dead center of the track, good arm for a drunken Dutchman

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's been fairly wedging Gasly talk this weekend like someone who doesn't know for sure if he's going to a new team next year. :D

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mick Schumacher arriving at the track.

yPI92Ivt5Esv3IMcS5WcvktGGQP87mguMjLIrfASqlk.jpg

Sudowoodo, BigBird, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  19. tiggen

First Austria with the cat calling, now Spa with the flares, looks like Dutch fans are proving to be real twats.

Did the Brits engage in this much asshattery in all the Hamilton years?

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

Are you asking if the Brits have hooligans too? All groups have their idiots so as much as I hate Verstappen and want everyone in orange to bear the ridicule, I know it’s probably a few that ruin it for the rest. I do recall it was reported the Spanish hurling racist slurs at Hamilton during his years battling Alonso. Enough so the F1 had to threaten them with not scheduling races in Spain.

Now back to hoping Max has an issue and the fans in Orange drown in their tears of sadness

21. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Face palm Ferrari. This is just comical at this point.