1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure Hinch has a contract for next year and will honor it. He’s already said that he’ll cross that Honda bridge when he has to.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You're absolutely right. Talent will not allow you access to the show in a car that is tuned to two miles an hour less than is
    necessary to qualify. So let's hope he has a great team and engine and chassis and so on and so on etcetera etcetera this time!

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Helio/Mears/Foyt/Jones etc. wouldn’t have been able to win in that car no matter the talent. Kurt Busch must not have any talent either because he didn’t win when he ran either.

4. fastedyamaha

Listen dude. Since you just want to argue like a cock, I’ll argue with you because I’m bored. Every year there’s 32 dudes (and sometimes dudettes) that don’t have the luck, talent or car to win the Indy 500. My point is that even though he’s super talented, I don’t think Alonso can win the Indy 500 just by doing a one off race. I’m willing to bet you $50 to the AFF that he doesn’t win the Indy 500 next year.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

This is the F1 thread, go swing purses about Indy in a new one :p

I wonder what words of advice Kvyat will give Gasly. I mean, he's had a decent return since he got his head straight.

DrA5 likes this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Jim Clark and Graham Hill managed to.

7. Cawk Star

I will donate $50 to it right now. Only because that's a twat of a bet. I don't want to argue just for argue sake, but it's pretty fucking hard of you to say that Helio, JR or Busch couldn't step into the right car to win. Give me the fucking link you cunt.

8. Cawk Star

Donated...Also, whomever is in charge of the RRW fund have you thought about adding Venmo as an option?

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if Hinch goes with the team and Chevy, or stays with Honda. My brother is a spotter on that team (Indy only) Wickens last year, Ericsson this year, and says Hinch is probably the nicest driver in the paddock.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That was more than a couple lifetimes ago. Anyone since?

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

FWIW, Nigel won the 93 CART drivers championship in his rookie season and came in 3rd in the Indy 500 (1st try) and was seriously in a bid to win if he had a better restart after the final caution.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

True. I had to look that up to remind me how it went, because I thought of Nigel as the most recent possible, too. But, he was running a full CART schedule, and I believe we were talking one off F1 racer participation in just Indy.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I would imagine that when Clark and Hill did it, it was much less of an exercise in managing aero disturbances than it is nowadays. A one-off race probably wasn't all that strange to someone who had raced on the Monza banking (disclaimer, I don't know when the last time was that they did that).
    Those modern Indy guys are not driving, they are flying aircraft on the ground. I don't care if you're Lewis Hamilton, there's going to be a learning curve.

stk0308 likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's pretty cool to think the Indy 500 was a points paying race for the F1 World Championship back in the 60s/70s.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. fastedyamaha

Mercedes confirms Bottas for their second seat behind Lewis, he’s done everything they’ve said to do so he deserves it. Ocon to Renault next year.

19. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

This was a surprise to me. Next we will hear Hulk to Haas to replace Grosjean?

20. fastedyamaha

That team’s a mess. I get wanting to say that you’re a formula 1 racer but you know that you’ll never ever win a race if you aren’t in a seat with the Big Three.