1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

One thing being overlooked is that once again, under pressure, Vettel made yet another error.

OGs750 likes this.
  2. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Very similar to Adelaide 1994.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Exactly, he messed up, broke a rule, and was penalized.

If Hamilton and Vettel got into a fight, I wonder who would win? I'm guessing neither :crackup:

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Probably the closest nail salon.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Kimi would come up on the stage, push Brundle aside, Brundle would say "No Kimi, no..." Kimi would say "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing! Then bitch slap all 3.

scottn, Razr and Yzasserina like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

he did mess up, but it's a small, narrow street circuit, aka very little passing in general, so he really doesn't have much space to recover. if you're looking from his car, and say looking straight ahead, you're not looking for Lewis next to you, he's behind you.

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but that was kinda stupid to penalize him for a racing incident.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I disagree. I hate Ferrari and barely tolerate Vettel. Still...

Yzasserina, thrak410 and BigBird like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a shit call that ruined what was (sadly) the best race of the year. It didn't matter if he was turning, braking, trying not to re enter the track or anything else. That car was going right where it went no matter what.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

DrA5 likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yep pretty much anyone else seen that wasn't on either side.
    LH would have passed him but we know SV wont have any of that.
    And LH was making a run at him hard to try and make a pass.
    Oh well.

Steven

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I dont think that was a conscious effort, I think the curb knocks the wheel over, if you frame by frame it the wheel starts turning right RIGHT as the left front hits the curb. But who knows

Oh and I hate Ferrari and have no opinion of Vettel, and I think it was a BS call. They spend hours and hours talking about how to make the racing closer, and then do this

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Go read article. It explains why Stewarts make call they did in detail.
    Shame that SV didn't let him by and then pass him back.
    But thats racing.

Steven

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

I thought I saw the mirror glance too but didn’t care enough to replay it. I also thought in one of Vettel’s radio coms where he was explaining controlling the car through the grass he mentioned that if he had let off once he lost it Hamilton would have passed him. Then he said what was I supposed to do. If I am recalling that correctly, I think that would suggest there was an alternate to going all the way to the right wall on exit. But I admit. I’m not a fan of Ferrari or the Finger and liked Hamilton from back in his rookie days battleing Alonso.

I was surprised it was called and wish they could have imposed a 2 second penalty or closer to the time Hamilton lost on that lap compared to previous laps but I don’t think that was an option for them. Interesting that they used a precident from the late, great Charlie. Seems like they are hoping invoking his name will relieve some anger

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

One thing being lost in all this was Guenther really laying into Magnussen on the radio. Epic.

Guenther will be the new Niki.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I read it, and I still dont see it, if he keeps holding it left :)23 in the video), I think he spins. Even then he's about 1/2 car width to the outside curb.

16. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

That was the best race of the year!? I happened to catch about half of it and didn't find it very interesting. I'll stick to 2 wheels.

BigBird likes this.
  17. rwdfun

rwdfun

I'm liking me some Guenther. I was thinking at the time Mags would do well to recall how Esteban was shown the door with his whining but it appears that Haas has admitted to gambling a bit on the setup.

Which half. The only "best" part was the few laps before Vettel made his mistake. Hamilton closed a 4 second gap and was giving Vettel fits. Also Ricky-yardo? was racing his tail off to hold Bottas behind.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ferrari “forgot” to tell Leclerc about Seabass’s penalty. He finished about 1 second behind him after the penalty was applied. I’d guarantee that he would have pushed enough to make that second up and relegate Seabass to third had he known about the penalty.

scottn and VFR#52 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Plan B, Plan B

Sent from my smatrfone

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Map Position 7?