1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Or how they keep giving Rosberg sound bites and his latest was that "Bottas is doing a really good job of getting under Hamilton's skin"...I don't see that at all. Hamilton has done a great job of getting under Vettel's skin and Vettel has made lots of dumb unforced errors lately...

BigBird likes this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I like how he radioed in that he was faster than Vettel and before they could radio him back to tell him to hold position he had already passed Vettel!

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

"I'm quicker guys..."

Bye!

:crackup:

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I also like the interview with the Ferrari engineer, and when asked, wow you guys found a great young driver, he was like nah, we have a great car. I was like :eek:

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Just watched the race and, damn, that was cold!! Actually downright disrespectful...

r1owner and BigBird like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol you guys aren't new to the Ferrari ethos are you? They have always thought their shit don't stink.

DrA5 and BigBird like this.
  7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Watching Bahrain on the espn app on applets and there is no commentary just the sound from the cameras. I’m sure it has something to do with licensing probably but it’s kinda cool to listen to the cars, breaking, shifting, etc.

Disregard: started working on lap 3.

8. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I agree. Was really disappointed he said that.

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Vettel had an interview in this months F1 Racing Magazine. As much as I think he is a tool, the interview made me think a bit differently about him. He talked about how he mentally processed and got over the crash last year while leading in Germany (which I really don't think he got over like he wants to tell himself, but I like how he verbalized how he dealt with it), he hates (anti) social media, and he collects Beatles albums, on vinyl, because he likes the process of listening to an album, versus digital downloads. Made me look at him a bit differently than a robo-finger wagging and pointing driver who complains too much. All of that is true, and he does mentally crumble, and I think he is probably the least talented of the multi-World Champs, but I look at him a bit differently now.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's just plain haterade. :D

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I have what it takes to be an F1 champ! :p

DrA5 likes this.
  12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

:D:D It is odd how when the greats are discussed, its always, Fangio, Schumacher, Hamilton, Alonso, Prost, Stewart, Clark.......even Moss. Vettel gets left out. Alonso is mentioned more with only two titles. If Vettel can't get out of DRS range in a lap or three, it's not his race. I think Chuck the Clerk will really show us how mediocre he really is this season. Like Dan Rick did.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Vettel did have an odd look on his face a lot lately. I think he's scared of the Kid, should be interesting.

DrA5 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Chuck had first place locked up, but his "great" Firerarri denied him of that. Well they threw the safety car out to make sure Ferrari stayed on the podium though. So there's that

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

They're all scared of the kid:D

[​IMG]

OGs750 likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Has anyone said how he did testing last week?

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

He was second one day and I believe 9th the next when there were more participants. As much as I like Kubica...I think Mick deserves to be there more (but not in a Williams!)

Razr likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

rd400racer likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let's see how he does in F2 first before getting too excited. I watched his first two races this past weekend, he's not there yet. He needs more experience.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

First of all, you're stretched things a little with Alonso in that group. Especially when you left Senna out, which renders anything else you have to say on this topic null and void. I'm questioning whether you should even be allowed in this thread. And let me say preemptively that "I forgot" is not a valid excuse. He should have been first on the list.:Poke: :D

Second, you left out at least a couple of multiple champions that made me respond to your post, precisely because I don't see how you could make a case that they are more talented than Vettel. (Piquet? Really?) In conclusion, you and I both know that he is not the least talented multi-time champion. :D

As an aside, the Moss inclusion reminds me of Pedrosa: some people will just never get it. :D