1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That was my thought. The most I've seen was 30 I believe and you never know if it's true. Or based on endorsements also.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with some of the salaries some people get. If you're one of the best on the planet at something, you should be payed well.

3. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Hamilton- 57 Mil, Vettel- 45 Mil. Lowest- Alexander Albon- 170K. Talk about pay inequality. That's just crazy to me.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm pretty sure Hamilton makes more than Schumacher ended it. Not sure about Vettel, but he might be there as well.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, Williams...

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Fashionably late.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Season starts today. Barcelona testing. Both Alfa and Red Bull went back to their boring 2018 liveries after cool launch liveries.

8. DrA5

Yeah, not there again today. Only team to not turn a lap. Dan Rick lost his wing. Albon stuffed his....what......Torro Rosso or Red Bull.......not sure what team he is reserve for.....in the wall pretty early for a red flag.

9. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Looks like Sebastian will have his hands full with his new teammate.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So, the Mexico race may be going bye bye if the state pulls funding.

11. DrA5

One thing I was hoping Liberty was going to do was rip up the draconian deals the promoters had with Bernie that had unsustainable yearly escalation clauses, so governments would not be needed to underwrite and offset the losses that promoters say they see. As a result, I would love to see them back at the track in Turkey and India....heck even South Korea, despite the Koreans not keeping the facility up. (Teams found their food from the previous years event still in the fridges when they returned). I know the middle east is dumping money into tracks, and they can afford it, but to see them race in front of only several thousands of fans, versus the 100,000+ that other events see, is sad. It would also make races a bit more economical for the fans. When I tell my NASCAR and IndyCar fans, even my stick and ball fan friends what a ticket is for F1, they literally gasp.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I live 20 minutes from COTA. I'm a massive f1 fan. I've been once, its just too much damn money.

13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

DrA5 likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Also, without being too dungeony.... governments who do not even help their people should not being paying huge sums of money to bring in a sporting event that no one can afford to attend (not talking specifically about mexico).

DrA5 likes this.
  15. DrA5

Williams finally turns a wheel today.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

17. DrA5

Mercedes played around a lot last year with wheel design. Some of the advances, even though approved by the FIA, were discontinued by AMG as Ferrari could have pushed the "moveable aero device" aspect. If AMG MBF1 is doing something different from everyone else, I will go with everyone else is going in the wrong direction from a punter point of view. For me, as long as cars can follow the car in front of them reasonably close to allow non-DRS passing, I am good.

18. DrA5

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Williams is a joke. There's more interesting stuff happening, like paying one point for the fastest lap of the race.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Claire Williams is alright!