1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Is Haas the only team with no watch sponsor? They gotta get on that!

DrA5 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought watch sponsors were usually driver based not team based.

3. peakpowersports

Red Bull has Tag, Mercedes has IWC, Ferrari has Hublot, Renault has Bell & Ross. Haas did have Richard Mille on the cars in 2018, but I didn't see any reference to them on the 2019 car.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to search for it but it looks like Richard Mille is with them again.

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Is Haas gonna have Ferrari engines in 2019?

TZ250lover likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Try searching for info on the shady af Rich Energy drink company. Little things like chief officers, employees, physical location, basically anything that shows it exists.

7. peakpowersports

They were with Alfa in 2018 as well. Wonder if they will be back at Alfa too. I guess spreading your name over a few second tier teams vs. one top team is just as good? I'd like to see the economics and data behind it. Someone email Hodinkee and have have them do an article on watch sponsorship in the F1 world (partnered with someone like crash.net). Would make for a very interesting read.

8. peakpowersports

Yes. And their aero development ;)

tiggen likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They don't go into what the brands are spending but this article was okay. https://www.watchonista.com/articles/depth/watch-brands-spending-millions-formula-1

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Williams and Toro Rosso released their cars today.

Not bad liveries so far for 2019.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

The Williams looks like the slower younger special brother of the Mercedes. They're going to look amazing when getting lapped.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So you're saying it's the Alex Marquez of F1?

The Great One likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Looks like Indycar is running a test at COTA this week. I took a look at the times and the fastest Indycar was 13 seconds slower than the last place McLaren from last year's qualifying. I realize that this is the first time Indycar has been to COTA and their times will drop some, but damn that's a lot slower.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well the are about 100million dollars cheaper per year so...

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

And the IndyCars are running a different course. They know they are slower, but put on a MUCH better show.

19. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there were multiple layouts of COTA. What's are the differences?

I understand they're slower and I don't think anyone would debate that, but I was just trying to put it into perspective.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I know they added a corner, not so sure what else they might have added.
    I believe the last track that they both raced on was at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, and the F1 cars were around 5 seconds a lap faster.
    To put it into perspective how fast an F1 car is, they're around 20 seconds a lap faster than a MotoGP bike on some of the tracks they share.