1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Mick Schumi is F3 champion. Can't wait to see him in F1. I hope his pops will be watching. Mick in a Ferrari? Todt and Brawn will make that happen.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

3. rwdfun

rwdfun

When's a got dam Murican going to get a ride. I wanna see Kevin Harvick or Kyle Busch give it a go

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Alexander Rossi was the best shot we had at a competitive American driver and he's recently said he has no intention of ever going back. Conor Daly has been washed out of the F1 ladder and Santino Ferruci imploded and pretty much ended his F1 shot earlier this year. I don;t know of any other Americans even near an F1 ride at the moment.

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Haas needs to put Kevin Harvick in the Magnussen seat. He seems to have pissed off everyone in the F1 paddock in this last year

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I'll give it a go. I can be at cota for testing this weekend.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I don't know what it is about Rossi, but I never gravitated towards him. I don't know if its just because he interviews so horribly or what. Talks way too fast and monotone. At least Kimi has a better shtick when it comes to that.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

9. DrA5

When I see this, all I can think of is the designer putting every one of those flicks and bobs into the software design, doing the CFD analysis, and windtunnel, deciding how many, how long, optimum angle, how tall, etc. It just boggles the mind of what they are doing.

[​IMG]

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But lets cut the number of engines to save money...

DrA5 likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Probably a few hundred thousand tied up in that.

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^ And cue David Hobbes after a minor collision breaks half of them off, "and now he's half a second a lap quicker..."

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. DrA5

I forgot exactly what the cost was for a front wing, but it was staggering. Not quite up there with blown engines.......errrr....power units, but it was enough that a couple of front wings was equal to an engine or important engine bit.

Late Edit- watched P1 while I was working. I didnt see if he got a less wet lap than the others, but HAM was 1.3 seconds ahead of EVERYONE.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If it is Mercedes or Ferrari I am betting they have those resources in-house already so probably less than that. The other teams, definitely

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Just the computational resources required to solve a model that complex once is mind bottling. Not all teams have access to super computers like the big boys have.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Be happy when they get rid of it. Works great in clean air. Not so great in traffic.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hamilton, like Marquez, has a grip on this track.

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Vettel takes a 3 place grin penalty for not slowing enough on a red flag. Hes just trying to give this to lewis now.

19. thrak410

Yeah they kinda do. F1 limits the processor time allowed for all the computer models, so everyone gets equal computing power. The bigger teams just get to run those models faster due to the banks of super computers, but once they hit their season allocated FLOPs the computers aren't allowed anymore.

What this does result in is faster updates throughout the season.

20. thrak410

It was given away when he crashed in Germany.