1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think he lost some credibility the last race.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Vettel had another douche move today. Runs Verstappen off the track basically and when Verstappen block passes him back, up goes Vettel's arm of whine.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Another way to look at that is Max made an optimistic attempt thinking he could muscle through and ran wide off the track when Seb didn't lay down for him...

Crazy end of the race, wonder what was going on with left fronts??

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was really weird, Red bull must have known something because they pulled Max in so it wouldn't happen to them (unless, they did it out of caution since he would come out of the pit in the same position. And maybe they're worried about the "reliability" clause)

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LOL

[​IMG]

stangmx13 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lewis wins, and sissy pants off the podium!

Good day! :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Taylor Knapp just won Formula 1.

crashman and Razr like this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:rolleyes: Even gooder!

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Halo for 2018

:(

Formula One will forever be changed....and IMHO, not for the better. Hard to go back once they start introducing this stuff. It seems like everyone hated the Halo, and were fine with some kind of fighter jet shield, if they can address the distortion issues, but they decided to go Halo none the less.

Sounds about right for the FIA.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    crashman likes this.
  10. Pittenger5

I for the life of me cant understand how that is not wildly distracting for the driver.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Vettel made 1 lap and said it made him dizzy.

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

prob cuz your mind is very good at ignoring stuff thats constantly in your field of vision, like your nose. i bet itll take the drivers half a day to get used to the halo. theyll prob complain for half the season though.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the RV has an inch wide bar down the middle of the windshield, don't even notice it.

14. Pittenger5

Maybe Im just abnormal then. I spend more time staring at the stupid chip in my window than I do the road sometimes. Bothers the hell out of me.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chips I get, but a physical part of the vehicle that is supposed to be there isn't a big deal - you don't spend all your time driving staring at the A-pillar do you?

16. Pittenger5

Its not directly in the middle of your eyes. Maybe I wouldnt notice, I THINK it would be distracting. Obviously only the F1 drivers would know. That would be my main concern iwth it. Something in the peripheral when checking mirrors.

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

How many missed blue and yellow flags will be blamed on this?

[​IMG]

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What safety issue is this stupid thing supposed to address? At what point is open cockpit racing no longer an open cockpit?

I think it's ridiculous.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably addressing the latest death, Jules Bianchi.

20. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Keep Wheel loaders off the track and that wouldn't have happened.

DrA5, 418 and eggfooyoung like this.