1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The face you make when you realize Trump has ran circles around you.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Feb 4, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Names, facts, figures? I want to see proof.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not instrumental but just happened to occur under Trumps admin in three years but never occurred under Obama’s in eight. Just a bunch of random occurrences. You know, happenstance. :crackup:

Fonda Dix and Fencer like this.
  3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Happenstance, the new normal...:)

[​IMG]

Fonda Dix and R Acree like this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

G 97 likes this.
  5. Chino52405

You have the whole internet at your fingertips. Use it to go learn something.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

As for the stock market it hits new highs all the time. That is what it does and has been doing for a very long time. Look at a graph over decades. Yawn. Show me record growth as a percentage and you might have something.

Lower unemployment during the 1950s.

Trade was better when we were the world’s manufacturing center and exports greatly exceeded imports.

The best in 50 years maybe, the best ever not a chance. Got anything else? If not pay up.

7. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yeah, lets play that game.
    In the 3 years Trump has been in office it has jumped 11,000 points

in the EIGHT years Obama was in office it moved up roughly 3500pts

It is almost ALWAYS growing, If that is what you mean by happenstance, The RATE is not happenstance. the only other time it jumped over 10,000 points during a persidents term was Bill Clinton and that was over 8 years. Dont Make me start a thread called That face you make when you realize Fencer has ran rings around you.:Poke::crackup::beer:
    https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

Fonda Dix likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, you know, there was a lot of work putting all those corpses in the ground after WWII, and so many fewer warm bodies to do the digging...

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd want to see how the stats were figured in the 50s. Were women included. There was a draft in place, did that change numbers? Regardless, I'll take the best in 50 years over the hope for far worse offered a few short years ago.

Fencer and speeddaddy like this.
  10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

See the chart above in response to Chino

Lower unemployment in the 50's eh, 1950 it was 6.4 over to a low of 2.5 During the Korean war years. As soon as the war ended and the Draftees were out of the military it shot to 6.10 %, In 1958 it was 7.4 % as a high As we leave the 50s in Decmber of 59 it was 5.3 ? So all the homemakers of the 50s were in the employment market like the women of today?

Also I did say Modern, I am not sure if a 70 year stretch qualifies. but I will let the BEEB be the judge to that. Also, you picked 1 aspect, that doesn't make an economy

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

When you make a claim, YOU are the one that has to back it up, not the person challenging your claim. Just look at the Impeachment fiasco for how that works.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

Just as I suspected, just bullshit thrown out there with nothing behind it. I did learn something,
    I learned that you got nuthin.

13. Chino52405

Haha - how disingenuous to the data...we going to ignore the 8k free fall right before he took office? Ignore the bailouts already in motion when Obama took office? Housing market collapse aided by the two guys in office before him? From the time he took office until he left, it moved over 10k.

So you either have to give them both credit or you have to look at the hangover from the dot com bust receding and tech and money figuring out how to work together for maximum growth.

I wouldn't start your fancy new thread yet... :Poke:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. Chino52405

What did you need names and facts about? The 5 companies holding just shy of 20% market value? Trump's very public spats with Silicon Valley? Cook? Bezos? What do you need facts on?

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And let's definitely not take into account that the US pop doubled since 1950.

OK, the current POTUS beat that number in 3 years already, and you STILL think his America first policies have ZERO credit in that?

Just imagine where those numbers could be if he had the party of misfits actually DOING THEIR JOBS moving legislation along at a greater pace. Like a Democrat Congressperson from NJ was caught complaining about, Democrats in Congress are dragging their asses because they do not want to give DJT any VICTORIES.....but yea, they care about America. :rolleyes:

Fencer, Jon Wilkens and G 97 like this.
  16. In Your Corner

And let's forget about QE and the lowest prime rates ever throughout Obama's run.

Fencer likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

More nuthin, phrased as a question.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Agreed the best in 50 years is great, but it is not the best ever. Also, those counting on 4 more years of great economy if Trump is reelected might have a nasty surprise in store. Presidents can nudge the needle, but they don't really drive the big moves in the economy and there are indicators that we are due for a significant correction in the markets.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Of course the market will correct....they always do. The simple fact is America is one of the few safe havens in the world and money is pouring into our market causing the inflated P/E ratios we currently see. Couple that with the love affair with tech companies (remember 2000?) and there will be a downturn. I do agree that in many respects Presidents don't control how the market behaves...except...by removing many regulations and cutting corporate tax rates DJT and the Republicans have unleashed a pent up market. Has the momentum expended itself? Perhaps, we shall see. The fact is America has always been about business. By getting out of the way of business (there's still a lot to do) we get a market that reacts to real issues, not government interference.

XFBO likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can hate Trump all you like. I don’t agree with how he goes on his twitter rants etc and I wish he wouldn’t name call others like he does. It’s funny but I don’t think it’s professional etc. so hate on him all you want but anyone who honestly believes that his economic policies have had zero effect on the current state of the economy is being willfully ignorant. He’s made several policy changes that have had a direct impact, so please don’t be stoopid. A lot to ask, I know. LOL.