1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of the World

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Might be on personal health insurance but Fastrack has been running the same timing system we use for many many years now, their insurance is fine on that score.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With giving out trophies the theory is the people who might want to race will stay at the trackdays getting their racing fix. Dunno on reality but the trackday races that happen do blur the lines a bit more than I'd personally like. This setup however isn't the same thing.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The vast majority of people saying that are bullshitting you and/or themselves. The real reason is the vast majority just don't want to race. I get that, I had the urge at one point but don't now, a trackday would be much more appealing to me.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CU is out there today, wonder if he's going for a trophy? :D

5axis, G 97 and SpeedyE like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

00E78624-75F3-4443-A9BB-934DC0BF05BA.jpeg

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

7. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Well, I do agree with you there - as I too have seem much winning in the area of personal development and enjoyment at the track for sure.

I'm sure all the policies are different. Over the years we have conducted a few mock races (we haven't, nor do we intend to, make a regular habit of it). When we have done it, I have received very specific and pointed instruction to make sure that it is referred to 100% as a mock race (not a race) and that there can not be even the smallest of trophies or prizes - per insurance regulations. Again, this was with our organization and our insurance.... I'm sure they're all different for different orgs.........

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's how I've heard it from a few insurance agencys, and from personal medical insurance. Now strangely, my insurance company for my supermoto days prefers that we race...o_O

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Ask Kyle Wyman about that. Seems like N2 is helping him get to the 200...

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t think people who have the urge to race would really be satisfied by a trackday trophy. I think it’s just to help convert those customers that might now show up at all otherwise. Trackday trophy vs racing is kind of like jerking off to Jessica Biel vs boning Jessica Biel. :D

I think trophies for a track day is fucking silly, but the competition to make a buck is tough and if that’s what the customers want, then they’re going to do that over taking some kind of stand on poorly defined principles.

I haven’t rode with FasTrack for many years, but they ran a tight operation from what I remember.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know you or your personal situation, but it's never too late. There was a guy who got the 300 championship in FL for 2018 who is 67, he started last year!

I think people just need to be dragged out of their comfort zones kicking and screaming. They are comfortable with the street crowd at trackdays, there are rules, and it's marketed to people of any experience level. They see it as safe, and there is always someone slower that they can point to and say "well, if that guy is out here...."

Racing can be intimidating for those who don't know any racers or what's involved. I did it because I had no choice, trackdays were $400 when I started, practice was $75 for all day Saturday!

I pitted next to a guy this weekend who made the jump from trackdays to racing. It involved selling his bike and getting something more reasonable for the class structure, but he did it and he's out there. Riding well too.

badmoon692008 and SpeedyE like this.
  12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Maybe I missed it but what is the contingency program like? :D

Ride safe,
    AAron

SpeedyE and renegade17 like this.
  13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

They said trophies and prizes, i think they mentioned free tires and free TD's. Not bad! lol

DucatiBomber likes this.