1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The don't forget Supercross Tonight thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry, Tomac just isn’t as good as people say.

He’s got raw speed when the planets align....

He’s no Carmichael, Stewart, villopoto, Dungy by far.

All the previous riders have constantly battled through the pack to win. Tomac gets bogged down and turns into a mistake factory.

skidooboy and Past Glory like this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You touch it exactly. The Tomac supporters get riled up when his mental mistakes are pointed out, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist.

3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

He isn't as good only because he has to be feeling it to be the insanely fast guy we've seen. Raw speed and fitness he is top dog.

He can make anyone look slow.... but those planets need to be aligned.

I'm not riled up. I always say his mental game is weak.

I hate being a Tomac fan because his inconsistency. You watch him when he's ON, its like nothing else. When he's not on, it's struggle city.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Tomac reminds me of James Stewart: Fast but erratic. On a good night he's untouchable, but man when he starts falling apart he doesn't stop. His only modes are win or meltdown.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Not to get all Freudian, but it must be hard trying to step beyond the shadow of a famous father. I'm thinking he would most benefit from a sports psychologist like when a top golfer gets the yips when putting. I remember his first pro outdoor race at Hangtown with a 3 digit number and he waxed the field that day. He is something special, but really would enjoy seeing his full potential.

6. Joe Remi

I suppose it's possible Eli has some kinda issue there, but does his dad really qualify as famous? Even BITD when John Tomac was ripping around on that sweet Raleigh, I don't think most people had a clue who he was.

7. swiest152

We've never got to see a full season of his full potential and most likely never will.
    Even in his 250 and 2 450 outdoor titles, there was some pretty big hiccups. He should have 2 more 250 titles to his name if he didn't randomly fall apart in single races. He should have 2 450 SX titles to his name. Mind fucks himself. Altho, the multiple brake failures is pretty strange.

8. Joe Remi

Not knowing if your brakes will show up will definitely mindfuck you

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Are we sure that Tomac is 100% heathly because it not that could explain a lot.

10. swiest152

He hurt his back before A1.

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I normally pull for the guys just behind the top two or three that always win. I like it when Brayton, Baggett, and Savatgy are in the mix. Just makes for better racing. As far as an overall show, Supercross still kicks the shit out of roadracing.

12. Joe Remi

I don't know, Supercross is entertaining but there's a 'stunt show' aspect to it that wears on me a bit. I like outdoor natural terrain courses better cuz it feels more like pure racing.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Exactly zero riders are 100% healthy. Ever.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Definitely a head case, but he just doesn't appear to be meshing with this year's bike. He wouldn't be the first guy asking to go back to an old bike.

15. swiest152

He was finding the stride on that model too. Look how much he struggled on the Honda 450 until they got that front end the way he wanted. Look how much he struggled first year on kawi before they got front end figured out. Probably same thing again, they will struggle for a bit, once they get it, he will be checked out.

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

touched on all points... also, i believe he doesnt mesh as well indoors as outdoors for whatever reason. he just cant get it done. and in my opinion, like stewart, pastrana, swink (oldschool), it is win or crash out. cant win championships that way. who cares, when the planets align, he can wax the field. you need to be consistent, and deal with problems, and get a result that gets you your points.

tired of hearing about tomac this and tomac that, and the webb wagon ect... there are 20 other riders every night that make the main. all the 2-5 announcers talk about is those two, no matter where they are on the lap. i feel really bad for kenny, he really needed his pit board to tell him, "WEBB IS RIGHT THERE". Ski

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Ok then let's talk about Marv's hot wife?

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Are you stalking her on Twitter like the Nascar guy in the other thread? :D

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Nope just trying to redirect the hating in this thread and confuse everyone :crackup:

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

No question Tomac is always up in his head and can make mistakes and hurt himself, he has done that several times, in fact that is what makes him so interesting to watch, but I agree with the idea there is something else happening like, he is injured, or the bike had a problem. Time will tell.

At the moment though, Cooper Webb is playing the hot hand, and the championship seems to be his to lose. Watching him come from behind to win it in the last corner showed me a lot. I have not been a big fan of his in the past, but Aldon Baker seems to have shaped him into a winner--his results stepped way up this year. There is still a lot of season to go, though, so no winners or losers being declared just yet...