1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Decendents

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Jul 13, 2022.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Any fans here? :D

backbone and RRP like this.
  2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I definitely do not hate them...

I liked a lot of bands from that Fat Wreck Chords label.. Strung Out, Propagandhi, Early Rise Against, and Me First and the Gimme Gimme's were some of my favorites.

My absolute favorite though? a little kind of obscure outfit called "None More Black"

Thanks for the nostalgia. I will be playing their discography for the next few hours. lol

britx303 and cpettit like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting, read about them very recently.

They thankfully seem to have their feet firmly on terra firma....

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I remember my cousin introducing them to me years ago. ALL and Angry Samoans too if I remember correctly. Pretty sure ALL is made up of some of the original members?

backbone likes this.
  5. britx303

I remember ALL mostly…….but from My punk sister that was big on them. that seems to be the album sticking out for me most.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ALL is the Desendents just a different vocalist (ALL has had 3) and a bit weirder with their music.

yeap, huge fan.

Cigar is releasing a new album and if you like SoCal skate punk, check them out.

ebastaard likes this.
  7. britx303

Milo goes to college??…….that them too?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah man, that’s them.

just go find Bikeage on YouTubes and you’ll be hooked.

Off on a tangent, want to get your brain busted? Go find Lemonheads "No Backbone“ on the gores and give that a listen.

funny really this comes up, I’m sporting a Descendents T-shirt right now. :crackup:

9. opinion914

A Dead Milkmen song, no? :)

britx303 likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

“All?” “No! All!”:D

backbone likes this.
  11. britx303

I’m doing the @27 thing and typing/erasing/typing erasing responses:crackup: I’ll quit it:D

12. britx303

I have 3 older sisters and they each are defined by class. Oldest was a disco/abba/beegees dork. 2nd in line was OG DCHC that turned hippy like all the old Dischord crew. 3rd in line was die hard punk. She and I were the most committed to it, but I was more into the British punk/oi…….she liked all the Yank stuff so I would hear it, but didn’t follow it or get that into it compared the Brit stuff

13. opinion914

Send pics.

We'll have a picnic and compare advertised price tags on our Minor Threat vinyls.

britx303 likes this.
  14. britx303

Vinyl sucks………but I do have a good bit of albums still. The only one I care about is my old Earth AD pressing :D Any Dischord I have now personally is on disc

15. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Cigar..solid recco ... thanks! holy shit... I'm huge PW fan and didn't know Fletcher formed them.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know Melissa from NOTB/ army of darkness and the BBS has a Dischord album? :)

17. britx303

No don’t know her, but I wondered if we had some people in common somewhere along the line based on location and little clues here and there

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I feel like a real schmoe. I've listened to punk since the Ramones first album and I've never heard of this band.

19. britx303

Sheeesh wudda schmoe……:D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Holy monkey balls! That’s Mind blowing insanity.

you made my brain hurt with that. :D

backbone and rd400racer like this.