1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Deadpool Movie Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Feb 12, 2016.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

To start with, I can't think of a movie so fitted for this crowd. Took my wife to see it this afternoon and we both laughed throughout. Unbelievably funny. And this is SOOOOO not a kids movie. As in, my son won't see it till he hits high school and I'm far from strict about what he watches. Don't think you'll ever see an Avengers or X-Men character with a hooker fiancee and an extended scene in a strip club.

Ryan Reynolds was made for this movie. Period. His one liners, the jokes, the mannerisms, everything. Let's put it this way. He's made for the role as much as Robert Downey, Jr. is for Iron Man. He's that good. And lots of self depreciating humor towards himself throughout the movie.

The language. Oh yes, it's there, just like the comic. I thought I had an "interesting" vocabulary when I tried. I learned things from this one. :D

Throughout the movie, there are references to other movies of his and others. Watch closely. When you're not laughing.

It's kinda the anti-Avengers movie, or an adult one. The violence was higher, the language was WAY higher. But damn it was funny and just "fit" the movie and the character.

Love to hear others' thoughts after they see it.

Hawk518 and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting long time to see it. It's been 9 years in the making. Ofcourse now that I do wanna see it, I can't because I'm traveling for work and won't be home till next sat. Fiancée wants to see it too so can't go by myself.

Grr!!

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I heard it was great, I'm going to see it Sunday with the lady. I'm even more excited now, thanks!

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That's the best time to see it. Last time I traveled to Phoenix I had to stay the week. I found a theatre that had back to back shows I wanted to see. I sat through 2 movies I wanted to see, was asked no questions, and didn't have to sit and listen to people talk all the way through. It was AWESOME!!

5. Rebel635

We are both movie buffs. To go see a movie we both want to see by yourself? That's akin to cheating. Might as well go get some hookers while I'm at it.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You say that like that's a bad idea. Weird.

Metalhead likes this.
  7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You're really quite the rebel aren't ya...

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Go see the movie with some hookers. The double negatives will cancel themselves out, making it a positive

R Acree likes this.
  9. Rebel635

Walked right into that one, didn't I?

Maybe I can expense it....hmmm

jkhonea likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Time to get your movie freak on.

Besides, you can see it twice, can't you?
    She'll never know.
    Unless she reads the bbs, of course.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And the hookers will probably distract you enough that there will still be some new stuff to laugh at the second time you see it.

jkhonea likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe go catch a matinee on Sunday when you poor bastards have to do lovey dovey crap for your significant others :D:D:D

13. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

when you reach a certain age the lovey stuff kind of wears off. she probably would gladly send me off to the movie

jkhonea likes this.
  14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Dude, this WAS my wife and I's Valentine outing. She completely agreed to it and loved the flick. The laughs were so worth it.

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I tried to get mine (GF, not wife) to go see it... Even sent her a video of Betty White reviewing it. In the end, I ended up knocking off work early and going to see a matinee.

I loved it... And spoiler, bitches.... There's gonna be a sequel....:cool:

Morena Baccarin seems to be only getting hotter as time goes on...

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Spot on.

You start laughing with the opening credits and still laughing at the closing credits rubbing one out on a Unicorn

17. I think I will like it.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I think you & Papa will... :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, when it comes to superhero movies, I'm closer to your end of the uppity douche bag spectrum. :D

bleacht likes this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

stepped in that, tz... :D