1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The calm before the storm………

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Lesher, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

I so I am sitting here at work at the end of one of the most lame weeks I have ever had and I would normally be really f#cking pissed off right now.

Only moments ago I accepted a new job with another company for a modest raise, and in a location that the cost of living is 30% less for housing and my auto insurance will also drop too. This location is also half an hour closer to one of my tracks where I take track days :)

Now, I patiently wait to strike with my resignation. I can’t go into my boss’ office yet because he is in some big pow wow with his boss, and his boss’ boss. This is an added bonus. Now ALL the players are there and they will get it directly from the horse’s mouth.

I have warned them about certain things and how they are doing it the wrong way. For the longest time I was the one FORCED to do it the less effective way which consumed great quantities of time for little added benefit. It will be interesting to seem them continue this process without me. They also didn’t send another analyst to training we recently had even in the face of a strong recommendation on my part and another’s to do so. They will now be left in the lurch even further.

This is strangely fun.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

do like the dude in "fight club" and kick your own ass in your boss' office. :D

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

He's right!

You might be able to get a whole bunch of cash and equipment to fund your racing/trackdays/whatever...

I think you should kick your own ass in front of them all! That'll show them!:D

4. Chip

Chip Registered

Don;t forget to Video tape it....:beer:

5. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

It may be tempting to, but don't burn bridges.

Unless you really don't give a f*ck.:D

6. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

"We now have corperate sponsoring..."

7. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

no bridges burnt.......

It is done, and like I expected there were the obligatory congratulations.

my boss's boss had an expression of concern, and by boss was indifferent (he and I don’t see eye to eye, and now frankly it is irrelevant :)

The most lovely thing is that I will be moving to an area where I can get a house with a

G-A-R-A-G-E!!!!!!!!!!!

Racing logistics just got a lot easier, and I no longer need to keep my two spare motors in my second bedroom :) It is like I got a $40,000 raise effectively. I will be moving from one of the most expensive places in CA to one of the cheapest.

8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

where ya headin to?

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i give you great career advice, and you ignore it. :D

10. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Work a job you hate to buy $h\# you don't need.

The things you possess end up owning you.

11. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

If you turned in your two weeks notice, you will have a serious case of the FIs (Fuck It) for the next two weeks. I just got a promototion at work and had to give 2.5 weeks notice due to the timing of the training sessions.....Friday was my last day and man did I have the FIs........

12. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

You have to put in a two week notice BEFORE you get a case of the "fuck it's"?

Crap! So that's why everyone's always lookin' at me funny!