1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s the ol’ “how do I get away from this big guy who is drinking most of my beer, so I’ll introduce him to another champion racer and use it to get away move.” :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. 418

418 Expert #59

You mean like showing races on a major network like FS2?

You guys can't be pleased.

Dragginass and Henrybgood2 like this.
  4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

5. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

MA also show some races live over Facebook over the weekend. I see the Supersport race from Utah has over 150,000 views.

Dragginass likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: 350 ya skinny fucker!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I was name/greatness dropping I'd have gone with Rossi introducing me to Angel Nieto... Beat that little man :Poke:

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pot meet kettle...

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. Mot Okstef

You mean like 9 or 10 superbikes finishing a race that either gets cut short due to delays or starts later due to a soccer match or boxing and you can't even see the end of the race? When previously ALL the races were shown as part of your TV package and you didn't have to buy some stupid online subscription to be able to see all the weekend races? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't think anybody would be pleased with a downgrade. :moon:

10. Mot Okstef

All hail Mongo The Great! :bow:

You are better than all of us put together. :rolleyes:

Actually you're bigger than all of us put together. :D

11. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Well damn, aren't you the cheerful little ball of hate....

12. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

T
    I'm not aware of any programming not immune to changes on time slots. I tuned in to NHRA over the weekend and it was moved from FS1 to FS2 because of soccer. I have not missed any races finishes. In addition, over the past few years coverage was provided on BeIN Sports, which I had to pay extra for. It also only showed Superbike and Supersport. I think the Live + is great as it shows all the races both days and the quality is very high.

Maybe your talking about pre -MotoAmerica coverage?

turbulence likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"Mongo the Sacko" :crackup:

Mot Okstef likes this.
  14. Mot Okstef

Obviously Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

There was no pay subscription for AMA Pro Racing prior to MotoAmerica. Even before they started their stupid subscription service the 600 SS races were shown on TV. Hell, even WSBK shows their 300 SS races on TV as part of my package. No extra subscription required.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both.

16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

sweet. is it ABC, NBC, CBS or fox you’re seeing world super sport 300’s on with your rabbit ears?

or are you implying you don’t pay for cable/satellite?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

If there is one thing I've realized with guys like this is you just don't like racing anymore. You keep hanging around the water cooler talking shit to give you a excuse to why you're just not into it anymore.

I've been around long enough to remember how according to the experts on here AMA couldn't do anything right either. Here we are 15 years on and guys are still whinning and talking about the good'ol days.

The sport is not dying, these things go through cycles. MotoAmerica has its issues but you'd think listening to you fuckers the sky was falling.

Let it go already and stop fucking it up for the rest of us. There's nothing wrong with admitting that maybe you're just not a fan anymore.

TX Joose, Banditracer and turbulence like this.
  18. Mot Okstef

:D

image.jpeg

Dragginass and dantheman like this.
  19. Mot Okstef

It's beIN Sports for MotoGP and WSBK and yes I pay for that channel as part of my TV package.

What I'm saying is if I can get all the MotoGP and WSBK races and ALL their support classes on what I'm already paying for, and can record them on my DVR and watch them whenever I want, why the fuck would I pay MotoA extra money to view their support classes? If they truly want to grow the sport and gain new fans/viewers then PPV is definitely not the way to go.

20. Mot Okstef

Not true. Still love and enjoy racing. Just not willing to pay extra for shit that was previously broadcast when I'm already paying for the sports package. If MotoA wants to grow their fan base, PPV is definitely not the way to go.