1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So is Herrin faster or slower on the Yosh bike?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too many factors between different events to really say. You could just ask him.

3. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Herrins disqualified lap was about half a sec slower than spies 2007 time :) and slower than what he did on the yami last year
    12 yr motorcycle technology difference! just goes to prove how bad ass 05-08 GSXR1K's are or how suzuki is slacking,, i dont feel like researching other mfg's lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Between his R1 last year and the Yosh bike this year?

5. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

I was only comparing spies 2007 Suzuki Result with herrins 2019 Suzuki result.. Herrin was moving last year on the Graves R1.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured the comment above mine was asking about Josh last year to this. Either way it's hard to just compare laptimes, too many factors.

7. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Well, 12+ years of technology (Motorcycle & tires) you'd think the same distance could be traveled faster/easier.

Little track i race at gets more bumpy and the times get faster..

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not all tracks are the same. Spec tires can't be compared to open tire wars, different machine specs and so on. Lots of variables in what makes the laptimes.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Lets pretend its 12 years ago, me and you sitting in the stands at laguna watching the AMA Superbike Qualification, I look you in the eyes all romantic like after ben gets pole and tell you "In 2019, Ben's time will be faster than the factory supported suzuki in 2019"

Would you believe me?

Trust me i understand theres a lot of variables lol

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd believe it's possible. I've been doing this a long long long time now ;)

11. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Josh set the all time AMA Superbike lap record during qualifying last year on a Q.

Wheeliest likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The question was is he faster or slower on the Yosh bike... I still say ask him :D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

How?

14. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Ben's advice im guessing

:Poke:

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I meant how can it be an AMA Superbike record when its Moto America? :Poke:

Wheeliest likes this.
  16. TX Joose

I'm just going to leave this here. I think I answered my own question. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the track this year was slower than last year. It happens.

18. TX Joose

What? Look at Gerloffs superpole time from this year and Cam's last year. They're essentially identical. And I recall Cam stating the R1 bikes are the same as last year.

Not to mention a handful of riders went faster this year that are on their bikes from last year.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So Cam went the same, Josh went slower, Garret went almost a second faster than his time.

What does any of that prove/show? :crackup:

20. TX Joose

That the track wasn't slower :blart: