1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Alvaro Bautista 2019 Win Count

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

He only praised his current bike, and said it was the best iteration he's been on. He is saying homologation of a bike is a issue, i.e. Ducati

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, taking a bike off the showroom floor, umm no (KRT)
    :crackup:

3. Agree with that. Both of them appreciate fans and took the extra time. On the other hand they also may not have the other sponsor obligations some of the other riders have. Simocelii was a genuine person, wore his heart on his sleeve and you could see in his face when he was with fans it was genuine and not just an obligation.

4. He also wasn’t accustomed to winning the way he’s been either. He’s had arguably the best bike on the grid for a while, he has sand in his vag thinking there may be a better bike out there and possibly a better rider on it.
    Maybe we should just do this. All the bikes entered for the race get a number. The riders pick a number and that’s the bike you get. By mid season every bike will be called shit by at least one rider who couldn’t ride it the way it needed to be.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

fairly certain, Rea will still win the Championship. See Bautista's Crash Thread for more information :)

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I chalk that up to trying to hard on substandard equipment......
    You know....hondas....:Poke:

notbostrom and pscook like this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Bautista is still good enough to get regular top 5s and fight for podiums in MotoGP if he’s on a good bike. Love seeing him in WSBK kicking ass, but how he got the boot from MotoGP is pretty unfathomable to me. He never really got a shot on a competitive bike in his MotoGP career. Would’ve liked to see him back at Suzuki with Rins now that they have what seems a more than halfway decent program.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I found the photo, dude even mugged it up without asking. Afterwords, he went and got his first tattoo.

3441BAD3-D2C3-4B77-BB49-C46A809A79A0.jpeg

jonathanp, masshole and Phl218 like this.
  10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

A great guy in the paddock. Here’s fighting with my son about the Sharpie...

Attached Files:

Ra.Ge. Raptor, JJJerry, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

:eek:

AB19 seems like a genuine person. :beer:

12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I honestly used to hate him for the bowling ball antics he did in MotoGP, but he did mature and put in a some great performances in the last few years. Add his down to Earth demeanor and genuine personality and you get a guy who really never should have been allowed to leave MotoGP. Someone should have offered him a ride. Hopefully he manages to win the WSBK title and goes back, never say never.

13. Never understood why Bautista got slagged so much here. Sam Lowes was the ultimate MotoGP crasher (not Bautista), and Marquez isn't far behind Lowes.

CowboyRR likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand why anyone would hate him, but Bautista had a head start. I think he was firmly established as the bike destroyer before the other two started building up the numbers. That, and Marquez wins races. Lowes is a class all by himself.

15. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Remember all the bikes Carlos Checa and Rueben Xaus destroyed back in the day?

stk0308 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Most guys here weren't following racing that far back.

17. I was. Pretty sure even those guys don't hold a candle to Sam Lowes.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wasn't talking about you. We are an increasing minority on the beeb. Lots of guys in their 30s today had other interests 15 years ago.

But like I said, Lowes is in a class of his own.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They should be demoted to second tier status then. :D

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I remember when he was on the two fiddys Cycle News had a sidebar with each GP report on his crashes. When he was moved up to 500's, everyone thought that whoever made that decision was insane.

Remember the Ruggia Clause? :D