1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Accountant

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Feb 12, 2017.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

We watched it last night. WOW!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Great movie. One of the better B/A films I've watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I thought it was pretty good. Affleck did a good job in that role but I guess being incredibly stoic would be a fairly easy character to portray.

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I thought it was a great film

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He has set the bar pretty low on so many...

Boman Forklift and jt21 like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

****SPOILER ALERT!!!!!****

At what moment did you figure out the connection between BA & the cop from the Walking Dead?

The only thing that bugs me is they didn't tie up the loose end of replacing the nice old couples' truck.

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Good movie- yes. Wow- absolutely not IMHO.

Towing the triple axle Airstream with the F150 bugged me the most. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really a big deal as light as airstream are. They were originally built to be towed by sedans after all :D

Boman Forklift, jt21 and panthercity like this.
  9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

As bad ass as his character was- should have been in a diesel truck. :beer:

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Watched it a few times now. Good flick. :up:

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Saw it in the theater and again on DVD.

Spoiler alert!!!!!

I didn't realize that the girl from the home was his one trusted person (phone call person) until someone told me.

R/T Performance likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys know that there is a spoiler tool, right?
    :D

There is something about the brothers being pitted against each other that did not make sense to me. Like the shootout on the street behind parked cars. Neither one of them knew?

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's funny watching it the second time & you can see Brax' face change when John Lithgow uses the word "freak" to describe the intruder.

Thanks, HPPT!!!

14. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Holy cow my wife and I both missed the connection...best movie I have seen this year.

15. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

We watched it over the weekend too and what a great movie. We didn't catch that it was the lady in the home that was calling him either.

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Wasnt the girl in the home the same girl that was in the beginning scenes with the family? Sister?

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I gave the Accountant an "8", which is good, because my scale starts at 3 and ends at 8.

(25 useless bonus points for whoever gets my scale reference).

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I told my wife it had to be a computer voice due to the emotions being stated, like someone reading a tweet.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good movie. But a couple issues.

Why would John Lithgow/Lamar Blackburn send his enforcer / Brax ( Christian Wolfs brother) to, I think it was Switzerland, where he jumped into the car /Bently of the financial/stock/fund hedge manager and threaten him to stop shorting his clients stock as it caused his client lose millions etc..........but later in the movie we learn that the robotics company hasn't gone public yet. So there is no public stock to be traded yet.

Lithgow also sends Brax to the home of his CFO - who, Christian discovered was skimming money from the robotics company - where he has him kill himself with an insulin overdose. Lithgow then becomes distraught and upset and stops any further discovery of the financials by Christian and basically fires him. This part didn't add up. LOL.

And I agree where one brother was following the other and the other shot at him. But he didn't recognize each other as brothers?...