1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thanksgiving driving crap

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Nov 28, 2022.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

heading up to San Francisco for a few days, taking the I5 up and hwy 1 back - so we took the ctsv - in the middle of no where on the way up , front tire blows out (wed 4pm)...i am around buttonwillow...no one we could get a hold of within hours of us had a tire to fit (265/35/20)...as we were thinking... we are stuck here for days! finally a shop had a tire comparable in size. 1hr late and - Gutierrez tires - had a guy sent out with the tire and on the on the car... a thanksgiving miracle lol

soooo, after taking the PCH all the way back we pull off in the middle of nowhere (again), to grab a snack and bathroom at the only gas station on a rural road...get back in the car, look to my left - no one coming - - pull out to the right of the station (theres 2 lanes going in that direction)...then here come ricky bobby - doing mach10 passing me on my left, comes into my lane and hits the front of the car and sideswipes me. by the time i realized what just happened - he was gone...no idea what the color of the car even was. 2.5hrs driving home with the steering wheel cockeyed 90 degrees, front fender and headlight all busted up. he had to have been doing close to 100mph - he never even hit the brakes going by. couldve been much worse, but also couldve not happened at all preferably .

think next thansgiving i stay home.

2. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I can relate. Driving to COTA Saturday and parts fly off an 18 wheeler on the other side of the freeway and over the divider and I’m able to slow just enough to have it go under my new Ram and screw up the CV boot and bend the shaft. Lucky it wasn’t in the air or it would have been really bad.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow that PCH incident is scary. So he was coming towards you and it was almost a head on?

4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

no, it was a rural off road and he passed us on the left and came across and hit the front, side swiped us. he was going quite fast! not sure if drifted into our lane or simply just tried to go in front of us.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Did you report it to police ? They could maybe find him with surveillance videos.

6. sdg

sdg *

Hey, good news is you're home safe...that easily could have been fatal

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah...definitely couldve turned out much worse. grateful to be alive and kicking...more importantly that my family is as well.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Weird shit on the roads the last week or so.
    Did someone release angle dust into the drinking water?

but on a positive side, I have gotten to see more milf fights in 5 days than the previous 2 years. :crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And you didn't film it ? :(

10. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

agreed, the drive TO san fran was stressful as hell. lots of traffic and people doing ridiculous things trying to move ahead 1 car, when they still have another several hundred ahead of them. i was cut off by the same guy 6x getting back into my lane lol.

23103a likes this.
  11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Dash cam man. Dash cam.

gixer1100 and ToofPic like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Took me 11 hours to get home from Vegas on Sunday there were so many damn accidents. That’s. 3.5 hour drive at 80(ish)mph without traffic

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Hope you gave the tire guy a good tip

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hells no. Between the drivers around NoVa, the lacrosse moms and dads yelling at refs, teenage parking lot workers, coaches and other teams and the rest of the random crazy shit I was becoming almost immune to the shit.

Oh, a bunch of moms dressed like they’re going horse back riding, holding starsmucks cups screeching at a rival group of moms, getting ready to throw down? Eh, I’m going to get a pretzel and a coke, this will happen again in 20 minutes but the pretzels might sell out.

15. Boman Forklift

Yea that drive is always horrible on a holiday weekend.

16. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

ive had 7-8hr before on that drive (to the IE)...its pretty annoying!

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Spent 13 hours once on memorial weekend getting there. It was just traffic. No accidents. With food poisoning. In a suburban PACKED to the hilt with people. That was an exercise in zen meditation. I’ll never go to Vegas on a major party weekend ever again.

18. Boman Forklift

Or if you do, you just have to leave at non normal times like 2 am or stay an extra day or two.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

or fly.

20. Boman Forklift

Yep. I used to go there 5-10 times per year for trade shows. I almost always drove because of the hassle factor of bringing sales merchandise, computers, etc and check it all in through baggage.

Plus if you aren’t on a holiday weekend and can time it right, by the time you commute to the s cal airport, check in early, get your bags in Vegas, and a rental car/ cab, you didn’t save any time.

gixer1100 likes this.