1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha... I appreciate the vote of confidence thinking I'll be up there , but the odds are not in my favor....:D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you have your locations confused. I wasn't saying that I will be in the good place. :D

cav115 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Highway to Hell, Stairway to Heaven might be a clue to anticipated traffic volume.

Chino52405 and cav115 like this.
  4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:crackup:. Yeah, yeah, I knew that!

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Who said theory of gravity? Who are y’all mo fos?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are those who think they know everything...they can be annoying.:D

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So someone is channelling Jeremy? He was cool in the other thread.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Great. God discriminated against the differently-abled. :mad:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's not nice to fake a disability.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

There's two paths you can go by and there's still time to change the road you're on.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just don't get a bustle in your hedgerow.

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't Fear the Reaper.

13. That's where you get the difference between "theory" and "law".

A theory is "generally accepted as fact", because it has withstood the scientific method, with repeated results. But it is (or can be) continuously tested and attempts made to disprove it, as technology and knowledge expands.

A "law" is a statement of fact, with no doubts or room for interpretation.

"God created everything" = Hypothesis - because it is just a guess, with no substantiating evidence.
    Big Bang = Theory - widely accepted as fact, because of the aforementioned reasons.
    Gravity = Law - because it is.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Laws have plenty of room for interpretation. Yellow Ferrari driving lawyers make their living on that very premise.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you brought up "laws" before this post, I clearly missed it. I thought you had only been talking about "theory" and "hypothesis" this whole time.

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

When you get on the podium, you can say whatever you want. It's a platform you earn. You think they care about what they want (and need) to say Vs. What you find annoying to hear?

I personally find it annoying when I hear riders complain about the tires, having no grip at the end etc etc. This is at all levels. But guess what? They put it on the box and can say whatever the fuck they want. Get over it.

18. Seeing how they are potentially speaking to thousands and thousands of people across the world, maybe they should consider what many people find annoying...especially when they are supposed to be representing sponsors.

If it aggravates some die hard racers enough to fast forward/skip that shit, then who knows who else skips it.

...and there you go, you just alienated some of your target demographic, and reduced the number of people who will hear the name of your sponsors.

Some people don’t care to hear that shit. Get over it.

19. Laws have been mentioned several times, but I don’t think I did. I was only comparing the difference between “the Big Bang” and “god created everything”, so I was only talking about a theory vs hypothesis.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As someone who doesn't care to hear that shit...I support their right to say it whenever they chose.