1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think the list of those of us who will make it past St. Pete is quite short. I just want to see the looks on the faces of the people who thought they were going up but found themselves in the basement with the rest of us...:crackup:

Banditracer likes this.
  2. Not major ones, at least not in the "modern" era. I do remember something Einstein hypothesized about the universe being fixed, or stationary. But later the Hubble proved the universe is constantly expanding. But that was just a hypothesis, it never actually made it into a proven theory.

At one time they thought the Earth was the center of the universe, and people also thought the Earth was flat. But those things didn't go through the rigors of the scientific method. That was just shit people couldn't otherwise explain, so they made up a story, and other people didn't have a better explanation, so they just accepted it and carried on. Kinda like the whole "god made everything" shite. :D

People had no idea how we got here, some select dudes seemed smarter than everyone else, came up with a good story, and nobody had a better explanation, so they went with it. Centuries later, here we are. It is much easier for people to just attribute everything they don't know or understand to some sky daddy; it eases their mind.

But it goes back to the "hypothesis vs theory" thing again. A scientific theory is generally accepted as fact, because its basis has been tested, using various methods, with repeated results. If it was possible to disprove it, or if the tests weren't successful or repeatable, then it would never make it into scientific theory. Of course who knows what will happen in the future as technology advances. The Hadron Collider only went into operation about 10 years ago (IIRC). I think it took like 25 years or some shit to build it.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

What about theory vs law? A law is proven and is fact...not considered as a fact. Seems to me when they supersede a law that is a major one.

The world was all happy with Newton physics, then 1927 and boom, we have quantum mechanics. That was a major change no? Engineering is now prefaced with the use of classic engineering mechanics cause it’s just an approximation unless you use quantum mechanics.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

If I recall, a theory is something that has not been disproved (yet), but with no way of actually proving it 100%. Whereas a law is something that really has been proven and therefore considered fact.

5. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

I will repeat, some of y'all motherfuckers need Jesus, because you sure as hell don't understand physics.

Law of gravity! Not the theory of gravity!
    Laws of thermodynamics, not theory.
    Newtonian (non-relativistic) physics versus Einsteinian (relativistic) physics.

For fuck's sake read a goddamned book. Any book. Try the Bible or Halliday and Resnick Fundamentals of Physics...

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Jesus loves me, but I just like him as a friend, it's kind of awkward.

G 97 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I believe part of their contracts very likely stipulate that they have to mention the sponsor by name on camera in order to get paid.....or maybe it's even bonus money when they get TV time and mention the sponsor's name. I'm sure they're not saying it for their own health.

8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. I am saying the people trying to convince you to believe are not upset if you don`t. That`s not just here, for sure. Even the people on here who believe don`t get upset and run people down if they don`t agree.

The hate here for religion is strong.:D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

cav115 likes this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Busybodies?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's the new Hotbodies.

cav115 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

They crash even more spectacular.

cav115 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: I think he’s confusing the notion that “God cares” with me caring. :D

cav115 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The way they bounce back after getting the door slammed in their faces, I think it’s more akin to Armour Bodies. :D

cav115 likes this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For those who don;t have the pleasure of driving up and down I-65 in Indiana. Tom Raper RVs on I-70 could be worthy of its own thread.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know, man. But you have to play it cool. No gloating. Guy rolls into the room, you just nod and say "yo, cav115, 'sup?" :D
    This here is what I was driving at. When technology advances the point that something gets disproved, then it was never a fact.

crashman likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Looks just like the bbs dungeon, no doubt.
    Jesus hurt my feelings. :D

cav115 likes this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't care either way. Heaven...hell..

All I really want out of death is the same thing I want out of life. A nice quiet place under the dirt away from the general public.

Gorilla George and cav115 like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That shit annoys me at least as much as the testifying but if that's what they are required to do for racing to happen, I can live with it.

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.