1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks NBA!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Oct 8, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

After they paid for the jerseys, right? That'll show him.

BigBird likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I love that part. I hate someone or something so much I’m going to purchase their product then destroy it. :crackup:
    It’s actually a pretty good marketing idea. LOL.
    LeBron James jersey sales sets all time sales record in Hong Kong as protest mount.:D

BigBird likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They were probably Chinese counterfeits...

scottn, BigBird and Knotcher like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Politics and sports should not mix. With that said, what you do and say off the field and out of Uniform is none of the league's business as long as it isn't illegal. What you do and say in uniform or on any platform where your team or the league is identified as part of your profile in that space they have the right to restrict speech that would reflect poorly on the league.

As to buying the jerseys there are thousands of people at these rallies. You don't think at least a handful of them would have LeBron jerseys at home that they now would be happy to bring and have burned?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say that the jerseys were bought for the purpose of being burned. I was just saying that the NBA has already pocketed the money. Nevermind that a bunch of those morons will be purchasing the same jersey again in a year or two. Remember when they burned his jersey in Cleveland after he left the first time?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

They paid for them at some point. Not a huge difference. The transaction has already been completed.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, fans do stupid stuff. I have a Cleveland Browns Quinn jersey hanging in my closet as proof.

Nothing wrong with burning the jersey if it gets them more TV time. Well worth the cost I would say.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They must be racist. That's the one fact I've learned any time anyone criticizes the over-hyped one. The only reason anyone would do so is because they are racist.

9. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

lol@ Lebron saying Morey is uneducated.

uh.......Morey went to MIT. Lebron went to the NBA.

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

What he meant to say was that white man was uneducated on how much money he just cost him...and he went out of his way to state that in way that didn’t attack Morey

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you’re a Chinese citizen and the CP wants your opinion, it will tell you what it should be, possibly with the aid of patriotic song a bayonet and/or time in prison.

If you’re a US citizen and the CP wants your opinion, it will tell you in cash what your opinion should be.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Good......screw the NBA/NFL.

Wake me up the day motorcycle racing starts taking this tactic and I'll know its time to commit Seppuku.

14. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

i disagree. they market themselves 24/7/365. they make MILLIONS because they are "Lebron". Not "Laker Lebron". You take the money, they own you. Shut your yapper, play the sport and smile for the camera.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess we’d better prepare Congress to author a bailout bill...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks for them. But it's loss of more profit, it's not going to make the NBA lose money overall or put them out of business.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Silver seems to have "cleaned things up" better than the players (Lebron in particular). He really should just shut up and dribble because everytime he opens his mouth he digs a deeper hole.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

LeBron is woke.