1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks For Not Lynching Me!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 0hi0, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Got it Pops!! Thanks!!:D :D

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

....because it FEELS good and it LOOKS cool.

Next question...?

3. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Of course we also had a crash in pit lane when the rider took off after the pit stop with the steering damper turned all the way up to hydraulic lock. I think Jeffro made it 15 feet before the bike was on its side. :D Man that sure is funny stuff now, but it wasnt at the time. We sure looked like pros :p

4. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Yeah, real funny!!!! :rolleyes:

Crew chief accidently turned the steering damper full on instead of off during pit stop. I yelled "Is the damper off?"
    He said "Yeah, I got it. GO, GO, GO.."

And go I did. I don't think I got 5 feet before the bike tipped over...

That was a sucky feeling. Thankfully the Sirens weren't in their pit or it would have got ugly, and their pit is never ugly!!!!:cool:

5. haselnutt

haselnutt Well-Known Member

LOL no doubt! I really enjoyed the bitch slap post! haha :clap:

6. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

And can you believe that this latest incident wound up with the bike in Ed's pit (next best thing since the Sirens weren't there). What is it with me? Of course, I missed your crash at Roebling cause I had just gotten on the bike a few seconds earlier. If the timing had been different and you had crashed into me, you probably would have met The Punisher. :Poke: ;) :D

7. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

But he's a hottie! ;) Too bad we didn't see him at the camp grounds. ;) ;) I think I asked you this already, but is Ed going to make to Mid-O with you this year?

8. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

*shiver* Yuck! That guy freaks me out. Dunno about Ed- it will depend on his work schedule, so we'll know closer to the date. I might be a bachelorette for the weekend. Woo hoo! Rock out with your.... er, um, ahem. Sorry.

9. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Do they really make dampers that fully lock? :(

10. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Well, I guess everybody makes mistakes. Live and learn!

11. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Some of them can really tighten up the steering and make it feel like you're trying to turn a tank around in the paddock. :eek:

I rode a bike at VIR last year with a GPR damper and put on the highest setting I could easily see someone falling over if you're not expecting it to be on the highest setting.

12. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

You're lucky I don't have a way to post pictures here. ;)

Ed I hope you can make it. It's always a blast. Not sure if I'll be up to the camp ground camping again this year though. The older I get the less tolerant I get for sleeping on the ground and standing in line for a shower. We may have to book a cheap hotel...we'll see.

13. Jeffro510

Not full lock, but damn close to it. If you were sitting still on the bike you could barely move the bars with all of your strength. I couldn't turn the bike to save my life at slow speeds. It definitely sucked!!!!

Jeffro

BTW, I posted late in this one and only just noticed the whole stalker thing. Absolutely priceless!!!! :clap:

14. Jeffro510

It's because you girls are so attractive!!!! Glad noone was hurt this time either...

Jeffro

15. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

That damper was evil. I think it's the reason I crashed at Road Atlanta. :p

16. Jeffro510

Oh boy, here we go. :rolleyes: Yeah, if you were messing with it going through turn 7 in the rain, then it would be the reason!!!!

I guess it is the reason that the bike got crashed at VIR and Summit too, eh?!?! :Poke:

Jeffro

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Thanks for keeping an open mind. The damper was crappy in the run-off of Turn 1. I was ready to pitch it at that point but I knew you liked it. :)

Ryan was being a squid at Summit. :D

18. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Well - the damper definitely was NOT the reason for me blowing turn one at Summit and lowsiding the bike. It was the rider! I sure thought I was faster than hell thru there until I realized there was absolutely no way I was gonna make it. :p
    Ahh - the good ole cash hemoragin' days. . .

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Wow, I don't check these threads much but word travels fast.

That is one of my little girls favorite words it seems (she's 23), she uses it quite well when other females piss her off. and one year from being addressed as Doctor. She however sounds it out as Can't Understand Normal Thinking

I must have my head buried in the sand because I'd never heard that, of course I'd never really use that word at home because Tina would kick my ass.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  20. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I'm still trying to figure out why you would touch the damper at a pit stop????