1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks For Not Lynching Me!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 0hi0, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Because we had one rider that liked the damper at near hydraulic lock, one who liked a little less, and me who liked as little as possible. I know, it's a weird thing to fuss with during a pit stop.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Which explains why you only did one year. Endurance requires some give and take.

If the bike has gas in it and the tires should be ok, and the bike is safe, I'm heading out.

I have been known to discover that I was riding GP shift as I'm getting on the bike to go. Still did ok I guess. The team I was trying to help didn't complain.

Maybe they were just polite. I was called in to finish the last hour as the only time I ever rode the bike.

3. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Hey - I was immune from setup - I was just slow all the time!
    I love endurance - wish that we were still doing it, but I'd need to get like 3 other jobs to afford it :) Expensive as hell, but you cant beat the track time you get for each buck ya spend. Fun fun stuff . . .

4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Its not that odd. I know some teams that adjust brake lever positioning for various riders. A few years ago, one rider of a good team road off twice at Jennings turn 1 because the brake lever hadn't been adjusted for him. The team name started with a V ;)

5. Ryan Nelson

Well I dont feel so bad now :beer:

6. stickboy274

Ryan, you should still feel bad

7. Ryan Nelson

Well - you look bad. We at least looked cool in our pit shirts and stuff. Take that :Poke:

8. stickboy274

That's true, you looked much better, and your team was faster too.

BTW, you wanna see my endurance triphies? I got a bunch from that year. That third in class for the year is nice.:Poke:

9. Ryan Nelson

Beotch!! You know it occured to us about half way thru the season that we should have run in the HWSS class. Stupid us, but we didn't know it was reserved for all the tards out there so that they didnt interfere with other people's points. No one accused us of being very smart though :rolleyes:

10. stickboy274

The bike was only 8 years old. It needed to be in that class. We even had an outside shot at second before My team made a very bad tire choice at Road A

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

did they pick Bridgestone over another brand ? :Poke: ;)

12. stickboy274

We ran tires that were 3-4 years old all season. They were cheap. It was the hard compound DOT's for rainy and in the 40's that bothered me. I did the 2 middle hours of the race.

13. qwck10th

qwck10th Member

Hank,
    I'll bring your tools to the Pie tonight.

Might be a bit late tho. I'm in the midst of a tasting contest. Bud v. Coors.

Steve C.
    - crew for ya anytime . :beer:

14. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Very fun thread to read. Anybody know what happened to e69?

15. Ryan Nelson

Good question. I'd like to know too!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lost her job within the week, if I remember correctly.

17. GrahamB

GrahamB Well-Known Member

Cool, just found this thread. Thanks for entertaining the foreigner :clap:

Back on topic for a sec: in this part of the world we have pit-lane speed limits, just like the UK and the FIM races.

I assume the reason you don't is because of the NASCAR traditions?

18. stickboy274

Nascar actually has pit lane speed limits.