1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks For Not Lynching Me!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 0hi0, Mar 27, 2005.

1. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Yep, that was me who threw the bike down pit lane. Thankfully no one was hurt and no damage was done to anyone's equipment or bikes (including mine). I learned many valuable lessons yesterday and I believe I'm truly addicted to my new hobby! There was some great riding dispite the hale, rain and mud! I was in total awe on some of the passes and smoothness I seen.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

it could certainly have been very ugly...

you looked like you got a good whack...feelin' ok?
    :beer:

3. 0hi0

I've got a big bruise on my hip and knee. A little stiff this morning but otherwise everything is ok... Strange thing is I landed on my visor with only scratches on the shield, nothing on the helmet. I'm glad because the weekend was exspensive enough!

4. Hatchman

Hatchman Speedaholic

Yeah, it could have been a lot worse, you were flying.

Didn't you also go down about ten minutes to go in the race? I saw the bike come back on the truck pretty beat up, but looks like you all got it going for a couple of the last laps, nice job.

5. 0hi0

Yea, T-1 bit me. Not really sure what happened. Same brake and turn point but the front just washed out before the apex. Wasn't even trail braking either:mad: What really sucked we had just passed Wizard II and Team Chicago and was breathing down another teams neck when it happened.

We had to replace a shifter and use some duct tape, plus beg for another transponder (found it later in the sand). But we finished!

I guess we will have to re-evaluate using the American Dunlop front for a whole six hour race. Even the rear got scary at the 2.5 hour mark!

6. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Thankfuly you missed my bike, all my riders and my entire crew...barely. I watched the whole thing happen and I hope that you learned something about pit entrance speed. You left a 50 foot black mark before you ever crashed and sent the bike sliding another 30 feet. No one was hurt this time. If you get into the pits hot either do another lap or stop farther down and push the bike back. I have come into our pits fast before and have had to stop and back up. See you at the next race, and please let me know where you are piting so that I can be up wind of the impact zone.:)

7. choppertim

choppertim Well-Known Member

Turn One Race Team

We were lucky to be pitted just before you guys. I must say you had the biggest eyes I have ever seen when you came in. I am glad you and everyone else was ok. Could have been a lot worse. It was our first endurance event as well and I was totally amazed at pit road speeds. I liked being in a early spot where we could come in a little slower and leave out as fast as we wanted. We will be shooting for that spot again.

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Hey at least you didn't do something stupid that oiled the track and caused 5 teams to crash out including Vesrah.

Isn't wierd there always seems to be a weirdism every opening round? I thought that could be said for every round ever but some go off w/o a hitch or with just the "normal" bad stuff...

But the opener seems to always have some drama...
    MB's no-brake-pumpy t-bone, My pair valve "fix", sliding for home in the pits...

I've only been around for a while but how far back does this trend go?

9. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

You might want to check out Brigestone thread I left on the board this morning. Unless you are commited to Dunlops. The entire Lone Wolf Racing team found tires from Bridgestone provided us
    with a great product that lasted long and gave excellent feedback.
    Both Mize Mobil and DB Motorsports provide the best service concerning these tires!
    Glad to see you weren't hurt, as well as anyone near your pit area. Too much sand on pit lane to come in that hot, just that slight bit of lean you needed to point the bike to your approaching pit area, was enough to make it washed out under those conditions. Look forward to seeing you at Autobahn!

10. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Actually, I believe one of our riders now has to replace his clear and tinted Arai face shields. They were on the table that got knocked over. But if a couple of face shields were the only casualties, I am okay with that. I do appreciate you apologizing to us, although I was still recovering from my heart attack at the time. :)

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hence the reason I always says for newbie teams to at least spectate at one event or help in the pits at one event before they try endurance racing.

This is in response to Huey's post about mishaps at the 1st round of each year.

12. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

At least one of my teammates always overshoots the pit spot. It happens.

13. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Myself and Doug have spectated at numerous and I've run one before. I think he just didn't think we were pitted so close to pit-in, didn't realize the pits were so slick (sand was everywhere) and just made a mistake. He's sorry it happened, apologized to everyone and most importantly no one was hurt.

What kind of helmet are they for Beth? I might have few extra Shoei and KBC shields laying around that I can use to replace his. :)

Quit being so mean to us Paige. :( :D BTW, how did Michael's knee do? I say him go out at least once. :)

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D I said I was responding to Huey. :D

Michael didn't get to race...he did about 2 laps of practice is all. :(

15. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Man that stinks. :(

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

mother nature sure played a game at this event...
    shoulda brought a jetboat!:D

17. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

ohio was you on a yellow plate gix like #518 or something????

i thought the weather made it interesting trying to out guess it and the other riders. we had a great time my bike just didnt enjoy the ride so much

18. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

I had a great time and learned an awful lot in the process. Thanx to Wiz for the chance to ride. Really looking foward to this season. I really need to be in better shape tho!! :rolleyes:

All I was concerned about was learning to ride the new bike and finishing the race....both got done....... Very pleased......Very humbled........

Thank you all for the experience.......... See ya At VIR..........:D :beer:

19. evilution69

evilution69 Active Member

THAT WAS YOU?!!! YOU ALMOST KILLED MY WIFE YOU STUPID MOTHERF*CKER!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE WHAT A STUPID F*CK YOU ARE FOR COMING ON HERE AND ADMITTING IT LIKE SUCH A BIG MAN!!!!! DID YOU EXPECT ALL OF US TO BE FORGIVING FOR SHIT LIKE THAT? YOU STUPID F*CKING SQUID!!!

WHEN I SEE YOU, I'M GOING TO RIP OFF YOUR HEAD AND SH*T DOWN YOUR NECK ASSHOLE!!!!! SHE WET HER PANTS DICKBRAIN! THAT'S RIGHT. MY WIFE WET HER F*CKING PANTS AND GOT PEE ALL OVER THE SEAT OF MY NEW TRUCK!!! I LOOKED ALL OVER FOR YOU BUT YOU MUST HAVE RUN HIDING LITTLE REDNECK LILYLIVERED IJIT!!

YOU WAIT PANSYASS!!!

20. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Damn dude........... You must not have looked very hard.....he was in his pits all day.........