1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Church Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by condon66, Nov 5, 2017.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'm kind of surprised, with concealed carry seemingly so common in Texas, that someone in the church didn't take this idiot out.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

May all his victims rest in peace. There are very few things more cowardly than killing people in their place of worship.

SpeedyE, BigBird and Lawn Dart like this.
  3. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

This shit is getting old

4. condon66

Well unfortunately the piece of shit knows killing people in a church is a more shocking news than killing people in Walmart.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Im a pro-gun guy. And even Im getting to the point I wouldn't be sad if they banned semi-automatic rifles.
    Keep the handguns and shotguns for personal defense, keep the bolt action rifles for hunting.

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You're willingness to give up your constitutionally protected right is based on your "feelings". That's dangerous. Especially considering that your feelings are betraying you. Around 1% of gun related crimes are committed with a rifle. Almost all of them are committed with a handgun. Even anti-gun left wing media gets it when they are forced to look at the numbers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html

Just sayin...

G8rDuc, XFBO, JeffroJ and 3 others like this.
  7. condon66

There is a metric shit ton of them out there. Banning the sale of them I really don't believe would have even the slightest effect. As a pro-gun guy myself, if I thought it would help I too would support it but, I just don't see it helping unless the goverment were somehow able to get their hands on most of them which won't happen.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  8. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

How is this any worse than at a concert or school or mall etc etc etc?????

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I know your frustration is spurred on by a feeling of helplessness with all this BS going on with idiots killing everyone in sight, and I feel the same way however, we've got to look at the facts. Saying that trying to eliminate guns, or certain guns, will solve the violence problem is like saying that eliminating Fords in the 1930s would have kept Clyde Barrow from robbing and killing. Fords and guns are simply tools that are used. I'm not forgetting that the reason for firearms being in the hands of the population in the first place is to control the crime of Government takeover.

I'm also disappointed in the usual Democrat strategy of immediately jumping to the "common sense gun control" BS. They get worst with each and every incident. Today Durbin and a couple of other Democrat Senators were harping about it within three or four hours of the shooting. They want Congress to do something about "gun violence." What they must confront is simply "violence." Why is is so rampant? What can be done to solve that problem? I want them to stop the BS of attacking an inanimate object. That will solve nothing.

TXFZ1, gixxerreese and condon66 like this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We have the internet and local news stations. I would be perfectly fine with banning newspapers and 24/7 cable news.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When can we ban politicians?

t500racer and BigBird like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cameron Peterson was on the Jocko Podcast the other day and did a segment on the mental state of these mass shooters. It was extremely interesting and put some perspective on why these things happen.

13. blkduc

Violence is not rampant. Again, look at the actual numbers. Violent crime is down 50% over the past 20 years. You're letting your feelings get in the way of facts. Research it yourself through the CDC and FBI websites where they publish all the numbers.

CMRA 270 and sheepofblue like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And then exclude the stats from liberal shitholes like Chicago and Baltimore. You'll see that most of America is by far the safest place on earth.

That said, I do think this will become a trend. We're going to see more conservative things getting attacked by either hardcore leftists or islamists. They're going to push until the government pushes back and we wind up with a damn authoritarian dictatorship.

15. blkduc

Exactly! Big city liberal controlled plantations are responsible for almost all crimes committed with a gun and most murders. Again, just look at the data.

I hope like hell that you are wrong on this. But I do still think that the Vegas guy's motive was to do exactly that. Hide all evidence of a motive so the focus would be on civilian disarmament. Everything about his massacre supports that theory.

16. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Best way to reduce these things would be to make mental health care free and readily available. We've never been able to ban anything successfully, weed, heroin, booze, let alone guns.

17. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Mental health in this country is in shambles. I dont care whos fault it is we need to fix it.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Or return to mental institutions.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Duc, to me there is a difference between the kind of violence that causes individuals to kill everyone within a group like today's event and a normal person (normal is a subjective word sometimes) that might be pissed enough at another person to cause his finding that person and causing harm to him only. The tendency for these mentally disturbed people to just take it upon themselves to kill everyone in sight is growing. Does the numbers from the CDC and FBI take that into consideration?

What I see happening that might help solve this kind of dilemma is to get serious about dealing with mentally ill individuals. That will get close to denying some of those individuals their right to privacy but it may have to happen before it's all over with. In any case I don't think we'll ever stop this kind of thing completely. :(

gixxerreese likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But, but, healthcare is a privilege, not a right!