1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. khill

khill Well-Known Member

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Tesla Towing Test failure with just a 2000 pound camper.

4. sdg

sdg *

That's fucking retarded.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Completely expected. All the math is done based on just the weight and aero drag of the car. That hunk of shit "truck" thing they just announced is going to be even more useless.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah the math is not that promising unless battery tech takes a major leap.

7. sdg

sdg *

Exactly, you could figure it out it half an hour, no reason to actually make the trip when you know the numbers. Id10ts.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

As we've known for many years, it's all about the batteries. Energy density is where it's at. Gasoline and diesel are very energy dense...batteries not so much. Of course you can just add more batteries but the weight and volume (with today's technology) provide diminishing returns. The conclusion, forget an electric tow vehicle until the battery problem is solved. And oh, by the way, make sure the new technology batteries are safe.

Dragginass likes this.
  9. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

With the acquisitions of Maxwell Technologies, I predict that Tesla will be able to build 200kw battery packs that weigh less than the current 100kw battery packs. And with the Maxwell ultra capacitors, charge those packs at 250 or better.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s going to take a long time.

My truck holds nearly 2000 kWh of diesel. The efficiency margins aren’t remotely enough to overcome that, especially as tire sizes and axle counts go up.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

from what I have read and researched, they are already there. Go look up how long Tesla has been working with Maxwell before the merger. And look who, which is most import has been leading the effort. We will see during the battery call for investors next month.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not buying it...at least not until a completely new technology/chemistry is invented. Repackaging the same lithium batteries might improve density 10 to 20 percent but they need 300% for the same size and weight...even that would be marginal.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I you use that reasoning then we should dislike the farmers who get crop subsidies too.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Farmers putting food on the plate is nothing at all like a gotdamn car company.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

He misspelled farmers, should read Fiat :)

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If only it were that simple. There's plenty of gubmint money going toward biofuel crops.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Also true.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

yeah, we especially hate them too.

only industry shills and fanboys seem to do the mental gymnastics to conclude that ev tow pigs will make sense for consumers in the next 5 to 10 years.

That wasn’t meant to lump you into that group.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    sdg likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uhh...