1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tennis elbow

Discussion in 'General' started by racer_11, Dec 30, 2014.

1. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

so, I have been riding MX and brutal pit bike laps to get back into shape to race again and this tennis elbow is killing me during practice and especially after and all day and night. hurts to just pick up a glass to take a drink. i was told a few months ago at work that i had fore arm overuse from some repetitive movements during operations, but seems to be getting worse. couple of other co workers have the same thing. anyone have this and how did ya get past it?

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

steroid shot from the orthopedist and stretching

3. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Curtail the activities that exacerbate the problem until it gets better. Just a thought...

4. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

yeah, doc says same thing.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Because nobody follows the "take it slow" route try copper compression gear.

6. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

got the same problem. I use a compression bandage . tape over a piece of tube sock works well too if you don't get it too tight. usually just need it when I'm pulling and tugging but lately that's all the time. bill and darethea

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I did the compression bands, shots, physical therapy, etc., after a couple of years I finally had to have surgery.

8. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Acupuncture and IMS treatments seem to do it for me. It isn't going to get better over night, but it will help.

9. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I did the cortisone cocktail shots from the DR as mine was so bad.

I got so many shots and never rested it, I actually did more damage and had to have surgery.

Get a few shots along with some therapy and don't be stupid like me and keep abusing it, take time off so it can heal.

10. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

man, I hope I need surgery. gonna try better compression while riding and limit the use when not. doc says rest, anti inflammatory pills and the waiters tip nerve floss exercise.

11. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

man, so im on vacation, and riding definitely abuses it, daang.

12. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

I had that a couple years ago. My issue was that I curled up my hands sleeping. I got in the habit of sleeping with my hands flat (under my head) and haven't had an issue for a couple years now. Knock wood...

13. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Ultrasound treatment from my chiropractor made a huge difference for me. Never had to take treatment any further after a handful of sessions. May be worth a try.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think I have a mild case of it in my throttle arm which coincidentally is also my mouse hand and I'm parked behind a computer the majority of the time throughout the day. Its not terrible but it is pesky every now and again.

I started training with Fat Gripz recently and I found it alleviates some tingling when I'm doing some lifts which is nice, of course also helping to develop grip strength.

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I battled it off and on for a year. I injured both arms from lifting weights. I got over mine by first, stopping lifting for a while. Then, I google searched physical therapy excersises for it and found some that worked well. Did light physical therapy three times a day, stretched it alot, then it got better. I also wore a compression band for a while and that might have helped a little but I'm not so sure.

16. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Stop abusing it! You are not 14 years old anymore. A good massage therapist and Ortho Bionomy helped me.

17. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

find a heavy frying pan. Hold out with your straight infront of you with your bad arm. Rotate from 90 degrees, to 180 degrees, back to 90 degrees and over to 0 degrees.

18. Mine hurt so bad it was hard to even put my suit on. I was forced to slow down 4 weeks ago when I destroyed my ankle and I've been letting it rest. I went to the gym yesterday and it seems to have gotten a bit better after letting it rest. I'm taking it nice and slow. Ill pretty much do anything to avoid surgery. Another 8 weeks of slow recovery and easing back into everything, hoping if I don't go too hard too fast it'll be ok.

19. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

At what point does it require surgery? IE what damage is being done with it inflamed? Mine started after not being in the gym for 3 weeks, 4/14 and persists today even after a cortisone shot, mounts of anti-inflammatory, 1 week of total rest followed by 1 week of gym followed by another week of rest.