1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tenn2Cycles tire warmers failed?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Lazy Destroyer, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I picked up a set of used T2 digital tire warmers recently.
    Both are not turning on when plugged in. No display on the box, no heat, nothing.
    Does anyone have any experience with these warmers and are failures on them common?
    Hard to believe I have bad enough luck to not only get one bad warmer, but two... but appears to be the case.

I'd try to open up the box to see what is inside, but with all the stitching I'd need to get through to take it apart, it might not be worth the effort. Looks like tenn2cycles isn't around anymore. My only thought is to try to bypass the tstat box, or maybe wire in a hi/lo switch based on how other brands wire it up, since I assume the heating element itself is likely good.

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I used to have some. I have on occasion seen where the AC cord was spliced in using butt connectors and had pulled out. You might try opening up the stitching at the end and follow the cord in to make sure it's not something that simple. If the digital box is bad I think those are fairly cheap on ebay, etc. Just get a model # or something to work with and start searching.

3. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

4. Lazy Destroyer

Hmm, just saw this thread after trying some different searches:
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...ent-control-boxes-for-digital-warmers.245433/

I may try ordering the Johnson Controls box and see how it turns out.
    I've already bought a set of dual temp Chickenhawks but I guess it couldn't hurt to try to get these working too.

The box listed in the above thread is discontinued as of September, but they list the replacement for it as the "A421ABC-02C"
    http://www.supplyhouse.com/Johnson-...age-Digital-Temperature-Control-120-240v-SPDT

That would work too but after seeing two of these fail I'd be nervous trying another of the same model.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Still have never had a Johnson controller fail!

6. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I bought a set in 2004 (I think) still work great , best set of warmers i own including my Chicken Hawks and Woodcrafts . they've never given me any issues at all

T2 digitals FTW

7. Lazy Destroyer

Mine are dated June 2008. I wonder if they changed digital controllers between 2004 and 2008? I'm not sure when they stopped making them.
    If I can remember next time I'm in the garage I'll take a pic of my T2 controller, I'd be curious if your controller looks different, because there is some difference in mine and the pics T2 has on their user manual.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes the old T2 thermostats were not vented causing them to get hot and expire... If you have the new oned the bases will be drilled out kind of... The old ones were just a black flat box... I say we just Blame Dave Arlkle anyway....:D:D:D Anyone heard from that guy?

9. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I'll have to check mine they're locked in the hauler and my kid has the keys but I'm pretty sure they are from 2004-05 , I re-re-retired from racing and just stuck to TDs and coaching after 06 so I know they're not newer than that . still used roughly 15ish weekends a year since then and the last few seasons after coming out of retirement again . not sure when they went out of business either