1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ten Things To Consider

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pseudocode, Mar 24, 2003.

1. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this important issue:

1) Out of President Bush and Saddam Hussein . . . Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing, keep this in mind: They have Libya heading the committee on human rights and Iraq heading the global disarmament committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories," your reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?" France is trying to contain the United States, not Hussein.

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "NO WAR FOR OIL," sue your school district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite common belief, Martin Sheen is not the President. He plays one on TV.

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel!" and Bin Laden and most Arabs want you dead, too.

8) If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy" but not in the danger Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell Computer Dude.

9) We are not trying to liberate them.

10) Whether you are for military action or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out. We all need to support them without reservation.

W. Wayne Schields
    Wichita Falls

2. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

where's that welcome to last week thing?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

2,3 and 4...are funny...

9 is just plain true...and so is 7...

10 is a bit overblown though. I agree that every american needs to stand behind their army in times like these...but they aren't "defending" anything. US isn't the one that has been attacked. You're trying to make it sound like the war is about US's freedom. It's not. ;)

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I tried NOT to get into this discusssion...BUT~!

""US isn't the one that has been attacked. You're trying to make it sound like the war is about US's freedom. It's not.""

WTF???, What rock have you been under since Sept. 10th 2001?
    Last time I checked we were attacked right here in the U.S.A..
    Or was that just a bad dream?

I seem to remember a time when I could go to the airport and just walk up to the gate where the plane was unloading and meet my friends, now I have to stand at the baggage claim and wait.

I use to drive right into the parking lot of Georgia Tech Research, and get out and go to work, now I have to go thru all kinds of security hassels, 2 seperate gates w/ armed guards.

My wife and daughter could go on field trips, down to the Fox Theater in Atlanta, it has twice been canceled, this year alone, due to terror alerts.

So Mr Hagasan,
    IT IS about OUR Freedom, mabey not yours, as you may choose to go back from where you came, that is so much better, you may feel more freedom there, and less responsibility to defend that which you have been given and seem to take for granted here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Re: I tried NOT to get into this discusssion...BUT~!

So where exactly were you when Iraq flew planes into the WTC?

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: Re: I tried NOT to get into this discusssion...BUT~!

They were Iraq funded planes I bet.

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

mayor Morris said: "So where exactly were you when Iraq flew planes into the WTC?"

And what secret info do you have to back this assertion?

I presume this was merely a TYPO?

Rodger

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

He is actually on your side of the argument Rodger. He was being sarcastic by saying Iraq planes.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Thanks for the back up guys.

More proof how some of the American public has been brainwashed to think that 9/11 is exlusively Iraq's fault...:rolleyes:

Don't mind the US wiping them off the map though. :D
    I was actually thinking more of the whle middle east region.
    Wishfull thinking, I guess...

Posted by Hagasan:

So Mr Hagasan, IT IS about OUR Freedom, mabey not yours, as you may choose to go back from where you came, that is so much better, you may feel more freedom there, and less responsibility to defend that which you have been given and seem to take for granted here.

Dude, before you start spewing patriotic bullshit, pull your head out of your ass. If you're going to personally attack me...at least get your facts straight

:rolleyes:

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

They are defending your freedom from the WMD's that this maniac Saddam has. If you don't believe he has them then you are out of your freaking mind.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

OK, now that my head is outta my ass, I never said it was Iraq's,

You said we were not attacked here in the U.S.,

or did I misunderstand that too?

and it was not a personal attack, or not really intended to be one.
    More of a moment of reflection on your other postings.

12. Joe Morris

Re: Re: Re: I tried NOT to get into this discusssion...BUT~!

Yeah, I don't doubt it but I'm not satisfied that its been proved either. I'd love to untangle the money trail but I can imagine how difficult that'll ever be to figure out.

And thanks for getting it Paige. ;)

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Allright...check this.

We are at war with Iraq. You said the reason we are at war is because of 9/11, therefore implying that Iraq was soley responsible for 9/11.

...can't make it any clearer than that...

As for the personal attack thing, no problem here. I know it's a very sensitive issue right now...so no hard fellings here.

Posted by Paige:

Paige, your guess is as good as mine. I think he has them.
    Would I start a war over the fact that I think Saddam has them, as president Bush has???
    That's questionable...

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

That's not the only reason. I was just posting to the whole defending us statement.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

:cool:

I am going to work on the motorhome now so we can go to Jennings on thurs.,
    see ya.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  16. Joe Morris

Why do you think he hasn't used them? I'm half convinced he has them and I certainly expected to see them by now if he does. One reason I can think of is that he has no reliable delivery device (SCUD, etc.) but I would figure Saddam would have a back up plan. Dunno, but it does puzzle me.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Public sympathy. If he uses them he'd lose all of the support of the peace activists and a lot of the other Arab countries. He has to play the "poor pitiful me look at me getting overrun by the big bad American aggressor as I sit here harmless in my own country" card as long as possible.

I'd say the chemicals will show when the troops get very close to taking Baghdad unless some of the peeps in charge have the sense to not use them. They have to know they'll lose and anything they do now will have serious consequences once they do so.

18. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Gotta suck to be him.

Unless he has been a hell of a housekeeper, we're going to find them anyway. But as long as there is a shred of a chance that "world peace activist opinion" will stop this train, he's got to hold off.