1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teknic Chicae 2 pc Leather? Pass tech

Discussion in 'Tech' started by redciv1, Sep 24, 2009.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Ok I didn't really know where to put this one but here goes. I have a Teknic Chicane jacket and also noticed they offer matching leather pants with KNOX CE armor. Would I be able to do track days with this suit? It's not the actual 2 piece chicane suit that they sale, however everything looks good. This would only be for track days. I eventually want to get their Violator suit for racing.

2. warning

warning Active Member

Yes, you should be able to pass tech.

3. redciv1

Thank you for answering. Starting to think nobody cared.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

do they zip together? if so, you`ll be fine.

5. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Kinda a slight threadjack....I'm looking at new leathers. My wife being super thought about getting me a set. While at a shop in texas she starts talking to the sales guy to see what he has, mentions Teknics and they guys starts in on how bad they are, seems fall apart, blah blah. That they're all being recalled or some crap...anyone hear this? Sounds like a crummy sales tactic to me.

6. I have a friend that went down in a set of Teknic's and his seemed to hold up about as well as my A*s. As for the trackday question... it depends on who you go with. Some groups require a 360 zipper to attach the tops and bottoms while some require only a 180 or even an 8 inch attachment. I've even seen some guys out in textile gear...:confused:

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Been down 3 times in my Violator, the last being a low side at close to 100. No major repairs yet.

8. JKirk

JKirk Member

Been down three times in a Chicane suit, each time I had to get a few things sewed back up or reinforced but the local shoe shop could do it and it wasn't too expensive. I would buy another..

9. axld

axld sinner & saint racing

during the summer down here , on a open track day i will wear my A*s 2 piece,
    but it 360 zipps. i did a 90'ish mph low side with my one piece on and slid on my stomach , for a while, so think about having a 360 zipper sewn in.:beer: axlD.

10. redciv1

I have no hesitation about the quality of Teknic's suit. I believe it's Josh Hayes who rides a Teknic's suit as well. I appreciate the knowledge. This suit will only be for trackdays. Once racing I will get either a Violator or Speedstar suit.