1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

- - - Techtronics CABS wiring install HELP - - -

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Triple R, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a Techtronics CABS please take a photo or explain which wires from the ecu are tapped to the loom on the CABS? This is for a 06/07 R6. Can you also confirm if model number TRC31116 is for a 06/07?

Thanks in advance!

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pin numbers 4, 11 and 19 on the small plug on the ECU go to white, white/red and blue harness on the CABS, respectively on the R6.

Redlining52 likes this.
  3. Triple R

Thank you very much!

4. Triple R

So I have the system hooked up and it works but one thing I would like to do is adjust the sensitivity from the gear lever (using a DJ QS to send the "blip" signal). Do you had any experience with that?

Thank you!

5. metricdevilmoto

Black knob on top of the box next to the blip indicator light.

Schwiz likes this.
  6. @metricdevilmoto think you could help me out? I have a customers bike here for a bunch of work (valves/fork rebuild/etc) and I'm doing a Cabs on it. It's a used unit and I can't seem to find any of the proper install instructions for this thing. Bike is a 08 R6.

So I have a switch mounted on the bar to turn the blip on and off that has

Blue
    Yellow

The unit has:

Gray
    Red
    White
    White/Red
    Blue

I'm hooking this up with the clutch switch, I dont have the shift rods in stock to put another QS sensor.

7. metricdevilmoto

Sure. PMed you.

Mran556 likes this.
  8. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

Thread resurrection, just in time for Easter.

I’m installing a CABS unit in a race bike. My rain light is wired into the brake light circuit with a toggle switch at the handle bar.

I don’t want my rain light coming on when I’m on the brakes. It looks like the CABS only used the brake circuit light for 12v - so here is the question:

is it ok for me to pull that from say the headlight circuit or the horn?

Only way I can imagine this would fail is if there is a specific resistance in the brake light circuit that the CABS looks for. Please let me know if you think I’m assuming right or if I should just wire in a dedicated line to the rain light. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

It just wants to see a switched (brake application) power which powers the system and then the signal (clutch switch) to tell it when to blip. I don’t know anyone really that uses it that way, anymore at least.

If it’s the newer version it should have a failsafe module in it. It really wants power and a signal. Most people give it 12v and use an additional quick shift sensor (make sure direction is correct) as the signal, to achieve a clutchless system. This is much like the current offering from ECU flashers, etc.

Hope this helps.

10. MurfSVR

That helps a lot thank you. My next question is about the clutch switch. I would like to use as a clutchless setup but you and the instructions say even when using a quick shifter as the sensor the clutch switch should be maintained. I can’t see how to maintain the clutch switch without having to use the clutch while shifting.

So is the message that if you bypass the clutch switch and only use the quick shifter to be very careful about wiring it correctly?

Also, have you ever heard of just tapping into the signal and ground from my bazzaz sensor since it is push/pull? I mean it’s sending a signal no matter which way I’m shifting.

Thanks for your help Blue Junk.

11. I’ve used those dynojet push/pull sensors as both a quickshifter and an autoblipper. It worked great for the customer. I have my notes somewhere, I think I just jumped the clutch switch and tapped power in on the rear tail light harness because it was still a street bike.

But I would defer to blue or MDM.

12. MurfSVR

I’ll be wiring into a bazzaz sensor which has three wires. So not 100% but thinking I just need to tap the signal and ground to the CABS grey wires for the clutch switch.
    [​IMG]

13. MurfSVR

Just to follow up on my install - I ran the signal wire from the CABS unit to an SPST on/off switch at the handlebar. I didn’t have to use the grey ground wire because the Bazzaz QS unit is wired 12V/signal/ground - so adding a second ground unnecessary. My clutch switch is not involved in the system.

14. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Anyone have a write up the install of the CABS system with a Pull DJ sensor and a rheostat for sensibility on the 08+ R6?

15. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

I’m struggling with the system right now. The failsafe relay is working when I trigger the blip (I can hear it toggle) however, I’m not getting the light on the CABS unit that indicates a blip has been performed. Everything is wired correctly.

16. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Figured it out.

I have an aftermarket dash and it doesn’t communicate with the CABS unit properly because it’s a CANBUS system. This means you have to tap into the sensors directly to get a the signal.

The Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) for the 09 R1 is on the right side under the tank next to the throttle cables and the colors correlate to the CABS wire harness color scheme.

The CABS yellow wire is the 1 gear white wire under the tank also. I’ve been told to apply a constant 12v to the CABS yellow wire.

Another issue I ran into is that the CABS unit is very voltage sensitive. My brake light switch isn’t giving a true 12v. It’s been too low or too high but still operates the brake light.

I have taken a brake for now but will be testing another power source along with taping directly into the APS.

I’ll post pictures once/if I get everything working properly.

17. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

18. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

Thats strange that you needed to tap directly at the sensor. I have an aftermarket dash and i taped at the ecu

19. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Which bike and does it utilize the OEM Gray plug?

20. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

It is a 2013 r1