1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Brunswick, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Brunswick

Brunswick Member

I am preparing an EX500 for my first race at Putnam Park and I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of the over-flow hoses. I'm sure there needs to be some sort of catch container. What is the least expensive solution?

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Here's what I've used and have seen used by some creative (in some cases, demented) people:

a used beer can, baby bottle (plastic), a "honey bear" honey container, can of styling mousse, an old plastic "Barney" with hoses fed into his head, a "409" bottle, battery acid container, section of PVC tube with endcaps...

My honey bear had a useful life of only one race weekend before his ass melted from the heat of the case breather tube. Thinking about my stupid looking Barney was too much for me to handle and I couldn't keep a straight face while racing.

3. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Check to be sure whatever you are catching in the catch can is compatible. Gas is a solvent for PVC and many plastics. Use common sense and do not heat or chemically melt your catch can.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

What you need to find or make is a can that takes in the fluids from the top of the can and another outlet also at the top to run back to the rear of the bike, THIS IS TO LET AIR VENT, NOT FLUIDS.

Once you have this setup any fluids will be left in the can while air can still vent.

The most important thing to be sure to do then is to check your can for said fluids often and dump it when you need to. If you have alot of fluid getting into the can you can be sure you have something wrong somewhere and need to do some checking.

5. wera122

wera122 Guest

Staring into the mirror while typing Jens?

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

That's why I use a couple of Mikunis as catch cans for the vents coming out of the bottom of the gas tank. [​IMG]

7. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Not a mirror, a pool of water.

-Jens "Narcissus" Zastrow

8. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

Just plug all the tubes together if you have an even number of them. If you have an odd number, run one to the air box to even them out. Rob [​IMG]

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

Are you sure that's water?

I'll see you at Roebling next month. I'm camping out and taking the grill and fridge. Stop by and we'll cook out, get drunk and shoot guns. Oh wait, you're not allowed to shoot guns there any more. Ok, we'll just cook out and drink. [​IMG]

10. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I don't think the gun was the problem itwas what he was aiming at. Everybody duck. [​IMG]

11. WERA

WERA Administrator

Ummm, no gun shooting at all please [​IMG]

I don't want any holes in the new trailer.... Especially those coming from the inside out.

12. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

The best bottle to use is a Microwaveable pancake syrup container. They do not melt from very hot liquids like the baby bottles do. They also have a convienent handle to zip tie it to your bike. Be sure to vent it with a small hose and silicone for a seal. All of your tubes should squeeze into the opening of the bottle.
    You might have to eat alot of pancakes to empty the bottle...

13. 9milphil

9milphil Active Member

Did someone want to shoot guns!!!??!!!-
    Count me in!
    9mil

14. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

NO PHIL I was ten feet from that last time I had a nuff of that last time. missed you at kershaw. you could have racked up there was nobody there.later Ricky

15. WERA

WERA Administrator

Only if the track will allow us to set up a range over in T6. Nothing in the paddock please! It caused enough problems happening just once...

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

Let me know if you're going to make Roebling Ricky. I plan on arriving Thu night and camping all weekend. I'll leave my gun at home so Dad, um, I mean Sean doesn't have to yell at us. [​IMG]

Look for the new blue bodywork as the old stuff is getting retired. Not much left to repair any more. I knew it was bad when the Traxxion guys started making fun of it at CMP. I certainly got my money's worth out of the old stuff.

Hopefully see you at the Triple R next month!

17. WERA

WERA Administrator

Now, now, I never said leave them at home (I certainly won't be) just please don't shoot them without very good reason. And even then please make sure the intended target is not between you and the trailer [​IMG]

18. 9milphil

9milphil Active Member

Ricky- That is what I heard, but I was busy on my bacholor party....did you know there are no strippers in Gulf Shores-- only bad prostitutes! man, I will never forget that one!!!
    9mil... more like 12mil now---haha

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

Is that damn trailer all you think about any more? You're worse than us racers and our bikes! [​IMG]

I know you're at home fondling that trailer on the weekends when you're not at the track. At least we can fondle our bikes in the privacy of our garage, basement or living room. Where you gonna hide that big old trailer so nobody sees you out there doing funny things to it? [​IMG]

20. WERA

WERA Administrator

I have it hidden behind some trees at the house of course [​IMG]

It's not really the trailer I'm worried about, it's me if it gets hurt any more than it already is and the true HMFIC finds out...