1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Hammer replacing Yoshimura

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Drop kicks and water bottle assaults.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the ability to be involved in racing on the ground level and in person? which i'm sure is still a reason on some level that a bunch of the workforce goes to work at these companies. the people have passion for motorsport instead of just "i was looking for an accounting job and applied on linkedin and here i am." maybe? or instead of some once a year meet-n-greet at your Socal office where Rossi comes to shake hands and eat some hotdogs and otherwise you're just watching on tv with a poster in the main lobby of your US subsidiary that you're 8 degrees removed from?

from a marketing/reach level... probably not much unfortunately.

G 97 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

There’s some merit with this but sadly my experience says most are not interested. I don’t think I’ve been around an environment that is based on the excitement of riding etc and most of the people were oblivious to racing or even interested in it. Definitely showed no passion for it. It’s such a small portion of the overall business mission that most employees simply aren’t exposed to it, nor do they actively seek it out. It’s just another nine to five for them.

Sweatypants, cav115 and Scott47 like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This is an absolutely amazing opportunity for Hammer and Ulrich and well deserved for them.

But anyone not seeing this as a major major blow to MA is absolutely looking through rose colored glasses.

MA is on life support and needing lots of transfusions.

5. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Whats the reasoning to say it's on life support? Just because Suzuki changes teams and Yamaha revamps their structure to fall in line with how they do it on the world level?

6. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

A Great day for Hammer :)
    A sad day for Yosh :(

I became aware of WERA/Hammer/Yosh in 1986....Been a fan of all 3 for my entire life.
    Very conflicted emotions....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  7. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

DMG wanted to rid grid of direct factory support and was crucified for it.
    Now it looks like the market has forced that to become true.
    But I think the racing will be just a good, if not closer, with the private teams being fielded.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

They ran off Rick and RRF
    YOSH, Graves, and Yamaha gone.

That’s 5 less semis in 2 seasons.

What’s left of any large teams?

Hammer
    Attack?

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I would think even the guys here that are saying this is a blow to MA (me included) definitely support the series and want it to succeed. I'm more excited for MA than I am MotoGP or WSBK next year, and I'll be buying Live+ and watching at least the Austin round in person this year.

I'm re-watching the 600 races and the racing is some of the best I've seen anywhere up at the front.

It just seems like the latest news has not been positive with a net loss of bikes for 2020.

10. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

People buy used sport bikes now at a much higher percentage vs new than they did pre 2008. With lower sales, OEM’s have less budget to spend racing sportbikes.

Simple as that.

That said, congrats to Team Hammer. A first class operation that has stood the test of time.

solson1041 likes this.
  11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Westby

lonewrench likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In concert with that, look at the relative cost increase for motorcycles in just the past decade or so. Back in 2005 when I bought my GSXR-1000 new, there were some dealers moving them just under 10K out the door. Nowadays you're looking at more than 50% jump up in price on the base model. That's alot of inflation in such a short space of time. Now 600's (what's left of them) cost more than 1000's did just a couple of years about.

ducnut and SpeedyE like this.
  13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

What do
    You, or anyone, have to gain from you making stupid fucking statements like this?
    Are you trying to be king shit depressed soothsayer for 2019?
    Tell us how MA “ran off” all of these teams, please.

are you not involved in the bike industry?
    Are you not involved in bike racing?
    whats up with all of the negative Nellie bullshit?

maybe you should take up gardening if you’re so fucking miserable around motorcycles and racing.

lonewrench likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

It’s not my business to say why or how they ran off Anyone.

All I know is what I have been told by people directly involved.

I’m not negative towards motorcycle racing. I spent damn near Half a million dollars in 5 years road racing WERA abd professionally with myself riding and supporting 5 professional riders through those years.

When I come back to asphalt, as of now my hard earned $$$ would go to WERA. Why? Because there’s no money to be made in road racing and I’d rather have fun in WERA.

And no, I’m hardly miserable, in fact I’m headed with my dude to a factory 2 day test this week.

So remind us all you’ve done other than drive a faggot fiat and be a scared little bitch with a screwdriver

Gorilla George, G 97 and Steeltoe like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

I’m not gaining anything from being negative. Nothing at all. I’ve seen the writing in the wall for several years as class participation has dwindled.

Point blank, it’s too fucking expensive with zero return.

Motoamerica needs to hire a promotional guy and stop having the “enthusiast” make the rules and stop trying to copy Europe. We aren’t Europe. Never will be.

Americans want to see the underdogs have a fighting chance. We want to see guys like Wyman have a shot to win.

Motoamerica needs to hire an actual businessman to run the show and let Rainey and them be the face of the series.

Best thing American Flat track did was bring in Michael Lock.

16. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

It’s not your business to say how or why MA ran off anyone??

But you make it your business to run your fucking mouth saying MA runs teams out/away from the series. Usually people with big fucking mouths like to back up statements they make, or they end up looking like a fools.

Since you like making it appear you have all of the back door info on road racing in America, will MA run off Team Hammer?

If it’s so obvious MA is running all of the teams off, why on earth would Team Hammer make this commitment?
    Are you smarter that John and Chris Ulrich??

Maybe you should consider writing a firm letter to MA telling them to stop ruining Pro roadracing in America.

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Rob, as a former member of two of those teams and a guy very familiar with all the others, I think “running off” is incorrect. That would indicate some intent on MAs part. There was none. The money ran out. Plain and simple. Now DMG ran off some folks. This is a lot different.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: Coming from you of all people. Why am I not surprised.

Bruce and YamahaRick like this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'd like to know how these teams are being " run off " too. Is cheating by somebody getting wink and a pass ? This I highly doubt. Is there some kind of back door, back stabbing political bullshit going on ? Inquiring minds want to know.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Saved for prosperity. And the stoopid just keeps coming.

El Cubano and Bruce like this.