1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Hammer replacing Yoshimura

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Dec 13, 2019.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Congrats to to the Ulrich's they been doing this a long time. Just like Attack great for those teams. But this is actually the " Day the Music Died " . 2 teams gone less seats available.

Captain Morgan, Robby-Bobby and Britt like this.
  2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Well, the press release said they’ll be fielding superbikes (plural), so, perhaps we wait for the rider list to see see if they increase the number of superbikes in the stable. Also said adding they’re adding stock 1000, so, while not a premier seat, it’s still a seat.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Chris is going to running around with his head cut off. He thought he was busy this year...

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Very excited and stoked for the whole Hammer team. They’ve put in the effort and I hope it pays off for them $$$ as it should.

That being said, that’s an incredibly huge hit for MA.

That’s 4-5 less semi truck teams in the span on 2 years.....

They are clearly doing something wrong.

Yosh
    Yamaha
    Graves
    RoadRace Factory
    Rick

Sad days in this sport we all love.

ducnut and rcarson15 like this.
  5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if they win all big bike championships in 2020...!

418 likes this.
  6. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

This feels more like the acknowledgement that petrol engine motorcycle racing is doomed. E-bikes don’t have exhausts, Yoshimura has to think about their future.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol No.

cav115, CB186, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  8. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I was told the same thing. Nobody was informed.

9. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

There lots of riders needing a ride. There is no place for new blood.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yoshimura Honda would be competitive right away.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

A decades long relationship they basically broke up with them over text?! I really hope that that isn't true. One helluva slap in the face if so.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Waiting to see the 2020 Team Hammer colors.

I want some stickers too, and a hat. Low crown, proper bent brim, snap back. I know you see this JU. :D

My lengthy, vitriolic reaction will be in February edition of RRW. :cool:

SpeedyE, RossK6, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Dumas will be jumping up to the Stock 1000. Fong and SDK will be on the 600s for one more year.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

JU posted on Facebook, seemingly confirming that Yosh is gone from the paddock.

that’s reading between the lines a bit, but appears that way.

15. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Congrats to John and Chris! IMO this is not a loss for the MotoAmerica paddock, just a shift from Yosh to Team Hammer. I am sure they will be running at least 2 Superbikes like Yosh did and they are adding Stock 1000's to the team. Nothing but good news here.

cav115 likes this.
  16. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I really hope Yoshimura comes through with a team of some sort...what are all those guys supposed to do come race season collect unemployment?! I feel really bad for them if that’s the case..Theoretically couldn’t they just run their own gsxr1000s without the factory support?

Edit: After some diligent reading it’s become pretty clear that my previous statement holds no weight. Yoshimura will not be fielding Superbikes according to the article I just read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Newyork likes this.
  18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If that's the case, and Ulrich persued them, then that's chickenshit. And if suzuki just did it behind their backs, then that's worse for Suzuki.

lonewrench likes this.
  19. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Why would Suzuki just send a text to end a very long and successful relationship. If you believe that your an idiot. It's a money thing. Nothing more nothing less. Suzuki cannot afford Yoshimura , seeing that Yamaha dropped out the playing field just became more level.

El Cubano and Robby-Bobby like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Could be money, could also be the Ulrich folks have had better results...