1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TB 1/4 throttle install

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ducati culture, Apr 14, 2017.

1. ducati culture

ducati culture If it involves mud iam in.........

Happy Friday,
    So is the TB throttle install straight forward and does anyone have a photo of one already installed. I though I read somewhere the cable is a little bit shorter than the stock cable. TRUE? dc

2. ducati culture

3. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Normall it would need to be longer not shorter. The throttle pulley is a larger diameter. I have put 450 throttle tubes on my 150 and had to cut the tube a little so the idle would not hang because the cable was a bit to short.

4. ChouDawg

ChouDawg Well-Known Member

If this is going on an XR100 the stock carb cap + throttle cable are ONE assembly. The rotating elbow is crimped into the carb cap and the cable is crimped to the elbow. I installed a CR80 throttle on my 03 XR100 and ended up hacking off the entire elbow and just gluing/taping the CR80 throttle cable to the carb cap. Hooked up to the slide it functioned and did not come off the entire day (it shouldn't anyways since the cable is tied to the slide). It works great and I no longer have to use two hands to reach full throttle! I'm not sure how the TB one is but if it doesn't come with a carb cap then you'll need to modify your factory one. I hear a lot of people run the TB 1/4 but was never able to find any pictures or guidance on how it mounts up.

5. ducati culture

Thank you for that additional knowledge

ChouDawg likes this.