1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxes are unconstitutional and mean.

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Jan 20, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah, we all pay taxes, some more than others and it sucks. Had a great year this year, so naturally Uncle Sam took more than his fair share. Whatever, no use in crying, their taking it either way.

I will cry about the IRS however. Has anyone noticed how impossible it is to talk to someone? I tried to pay my exorbitant tax bill at the local IRS office, but it's locked up like Fort Knox. Plenty of cars in the lot, and a sign on the door saying as of November, they no longer accept walk-ins.

That's right, you can't pay your taxes at the tax office.

No problem. Bill was due today, so I mailed a check on the 11th. Plenty of time to get there. I looked today and it still hasn't cleared my bank. I'm starting to panic so I dialed up the IRS. Been on hold for over 45 minutes and I'm not certain anyone is going to pick up. However, I am certain I'll wind up with huge penalty for being "late" either way.

2. Should have mailed it the 10th :). Poor planning on you part does not warrant an emergency on my part.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't know about the IRS but don't most banks go by when payment was mailed not received? Could be totally off base here but maybe not. Has it been posted to your bank and not fully processed?

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I know my tax check has to be POSTMARKED April 15 so I am pretty sure you are right.
    Inheritance tax is the biggest rip off. Taxing money that had taxes paid on it when it was earned. Bullshit.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its a wonder nobody's ever........nevermind,this is in general:D

6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You lose that argument when you've had more than ample time to process a request....like someone dropping off a car for an oil change and it doesn't get done for 3 days and they had a big trip planned.

JBraun likes this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Great job. Keep up the good planning.

bleacht likes this.
  8. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

That's really odd. I recently had a really good experience with the IRS office in Atlanta last week. One of our HSA's either didn't send a 1099 or it was lost in the mail for tax year 2014. We were able to correct a form to show that the $ went for medical expenses, and avoided a $4,500 tax bill. I was able to take care of it with 2 phone calls and a fax.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I pay mine online.. They ass around when you mail it

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

They do seem to sit on checks a while before cashing them

11. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Weren't 4Q taxes due on the 17th? Either way, send it certified mail with a read receipt to CYA. They can wait to cash it as long as they wish.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  12. I was kidding, it sucks and I feel for ya. Never had to deal with the IRS directly.

JBraun likes this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Did government offices work today?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Do they ever? :confused:

600 dbl are and Cam Morehead like this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I think I got a better one.....Maryland State Tax refunds suck!

If you get a refund...meaning they took too much, and you get some back. Maryland makes you claim the return on the following year's return as income for that following year!

Wait...that's 2015 dollars....that are accounted for in your 2015 return...so I file in April 2016 my 2015 taxes. I get my return in 2016, so I get to declare those 2015 returned-to-me dollars as income AGAIN in 2016.

One year I'm going to file my taxes, then file an appended return for the previous year to subtract the return I get from the previous year's taxes.
    I have NO fucking idea HOW this has never been challenged in court. Oh yeah....it's Maryland.

16. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

SC is the same.

17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

All I know is that this is the 2nd thread I've seen that has the potential for HPPT to satisfy his blood thirst...

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Damnit Siri. I just reread the original post, and I'm compelled to point out that I know the difference between there, they're, and their...

Jedb likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nah. This one is just about shitty service.

Metalhead was trolling for sure. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I believe they all do that if you can claim your taxes on your taxes, so it's untaxed money - which means whatever you get back hasn't had taxes paid on it so they collect the following year. You never paid tax on that money in 2015 basically.

beechkingd likes this.