1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taurus Raging Hunter

Discussion in 'General' started by lizard84, Nov 21, 2022.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Anyone handled or shot one? I watched a pretty positive youtube review from dayattherange and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the revolver. The video review was with the 44 mag version.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

.454 ? :eek:

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't have the raging hunter version, but my 44mag revolver is a Taurus. There are a few areas where you can see detail issues, but it's been perfectly reliable and VERY accurate. I've probably had around 500 rounds through it, including lots of very hot reloads.

lizard84 and sdg like this.
  4. sdg

sdg *

Gotta love hot reloads in a .44

5. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I have the Smith & Wesson equivalent, which is the Stealth Hunter. I love it.

6. :stupid:

I only own one revolver, and it is a Taurus 44 Magnum.

DmanSlam likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stupid and ghey!

And so is broome.

8. [​IMG]

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I've always liked the Ruger Super Redhawk. I have no real purpose for having one, but I'd love to get one just to have fun with it once in a while. 7.5" barrel and a scope :D

Wingnut likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I had one. It was cool but way overkill for anything but bear hunting. I had a rangemaster come over to me once and say, WTF are you shooting?! Sounded like a small cannon and shot a fireball out of the muzzle that was quite impressive. I sold it and got a Ruger Service Six instead, which I think is cooler than a GP100.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Taurus 627 is a nice little 7 shot 357 on a 44 frame.

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I had the Taurus 44 tracker with a 4" barrel and liked it a lot. It was used most by my wife with 44 Specials. I shot some medium load 44 mags in it and it showed to be a pretty versital piece if you hand load for it. I don't have much use for that size gun anymore since we moved to the lower 48, My wife now caries a 38 on her walks.
    If I was in the market for that size and type of revolver, I would get another Taurus.

lizard84 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s exactly why I think that outside of Alaska or maybe Maine those hand cannons are pretty stupid.
    If you’re in danger of stumbling across Bears, moose, T72M tanks, Justin Bieber or Sasquatch then maybe.
    They just are not fun in any way to shoot.

crashman, pfhenry and rd400racer like this.
  14. lizard84

Maybe not for lilliputian‘s but make no mistake, they are a hoot to shoot if you’re normal sized.

969, Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Oh yes they are!!!

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4).gif

17. [​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've heard many say that at a certain age, it becomes too painful (on the wrists) to shoot larger bores. Thankfully I have not reached that age yet. :D That being said, when I bring out my hand cannons, I don't go through a box of 50.

I have a 460 and I intend on taking that hunting someday. More kinetic energy than a 308 and near zero drop at 100y. I need to get a scope on the thing though.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey...I resemble that remark.

20. lizard84

While the Taurus was temping me I researched the gambit of 44 magnum offerings, Colt Anaconda, S&W 629, Ruger Super RedHawk. I wouldn’t mind adding the Anaconda or 629 at some point but in the end I was seduced by the single action magic of a Ruger New Super Black Hawk, 7.5 barrel, stainless version.

It’s a beautiful piece.