1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tats...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The body responds to pain and stress with a rush of endorphins (same as "runner's high"). Some people's response is higher than others and they enjoy it. We generally call those people masochists. :D

jrsamples and beac83 like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I disagree....I think it just has more to do with run of the mill actors these days more willing to go on anabolics to get ready for film roles. Its no secret guys like the Rock, Mark Wahlberg, Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman etc etc etc all dabble in PEDs to get ready for such roles.

You can find examples of big dudes in shows from yesteryear if you look for them. Hell, I'd argue that Steeve Reeves there from the late 50's was in far better condition than your typical "action hero" from the current year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The last three pix are absolute NOT yesteryear :crackup:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those five or six guys are literally like the ONLY big guys in film back then! And most of them aren't actors, they're bodybuilders cast solely for their physique (and they were juiced to the gills too). Now EVERY actor is bulked up. Even Ben Stiller juiced for Tropic Thunder :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've sat for 8 hours. Your body responds to the pain with adrenaline and it gives you a buzz after a while. I was heavy into that scene of tattoo shops and body mods for a while mainly because a good friend owned a few shops. Folks who are into ink and body mods share that experience of the pain high. The people who do suspension especially say it's an incredible high. Suspension has been around in various cultures for hundreds of years and is still practiced. Same with piercing. Folks on the outside tend to think it's all about appearance and some of it is but a lot of it is the high and pushing personal limits with each other.

jrsamples likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd consider them to be. They were what, late 70's, early 80's. That was 40 years ago dude!

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I get just as much shit for being a size 2 as people get for being a size 22 - Some one else's body is none of anyone's business - I don't know why it matters if someone want's to look like Jabba the Hutt or a matchstick.

If the reason for being pissed off about fat people is a mate, however, That's just too bad. No one is entitled to one of those. If you don't like fat people, and there are no un-fat people available to you - that's the way the cookie crumbles. You are not owed a skinny hot thing, just because you want one. That is a huge problem with the exposed incel/"nice guy" crowd currently - they think they are owed the mate of their choice and flip out when they are turned down.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get offa my lawn!!!!!!

R Acree likes this.
  9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

The one I got on my hip hurt and it's the size of a quarter. It took me a long time to get back into that seat - it was well worth it though. I was high as fuck by the time I got done :)
    Having a baby without pain meds, did not give me the same results. 0/10, would not recommend.

Same reason I run into burning buildings and ride a motorcycle though I guess - The Adrenalin dump is addicting.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

70s and 80s were the criteria mentioned....besides, yesteryear is relative :)

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Like I said, I think it has more to do with a wider range of actors willing to dabble in PEDs :)

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Medieval broke back mountain.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hope not, because it would be Brokeback Incest.

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:We are not fat. We just have big bones...

When I was in 40 minute moto shape I was about 165 lbs. I am currently right around 180. I know that I had more muscle mass back then too. There are exceptions to the rule but most of the weight gain is fat...

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I agree, most is fat people, but the number of fit/muscular people has risen sharply too.

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Your body responds to pain - especially pain that is ramping up and/or relatively constant and can't be stopped by movement - by releasing the brain's own opioids, called endorphins. The initial adrenaline release (which prepares the body to fight or run) is commonly followed by the release of endorphins, which increase pain tolerance by essentially the same paths as opioid drugs.

Many BDSM players play specifically to achieve the organic high from the endorphins. Its also very, very common to achieve endorphin release while enduring the tattooing process.

SpeedyE and jrsamples like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not big boned.....burdened bones. If you have big bones you have a genetic abnormality.

[​IMG]

SGVRider likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Many bdsm partners are into ink or vice versa. At least I read that on TV somewhere.

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well there's your first problem. You can't read a TV.

RRRepsolRider likes this.