1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally Rocks

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by YSRkid70NC, Feb 5, 2005.

1. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

I just got a metrakit today and it was unbelievably fun. The weather was great. I missed first practice because as soon as I went out my helmet fogged really bad i couldn't see an inch in front of me. I should've just ridden it back in pit lane with the visor up but it was too hard to start in the wet grass. So i got a ride in the crash truck. I did the second practice, it warmed up a lot and i put a foggy thing in my helmet so my breathing didn't go on the shield, and started to get comfortable on it. I ran a 1:27 in the race but i was dropping about 3 seconds every lap. 1:40 1:35 1:32 1:30 1:27 (the first lap was slow because i went really slow on the start the bike started to wheelie, not from clutch pop either just when i got on the gas in first gear!! It was the 72cc, My 6th lap is missing because I got lapped. Its hard not to when the guys who've gotten practice in on them are doing 1:14s!!!!!!) I should break 1:25 tomorrow for sure. Maybe I'll break 1:20. I'll post my times my times when I get back. I'm #70 on the black Metrakit. Hope I'll see you on the track.

2. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Yes, it was a great sunny warm day! And my face is sun burnt! Glad you had fun. Today was my first race in Middle weight solo 20. It was an eye opener. I did have fun but I've never seen so much carnage in one race!

3. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

hey ohio, whats up with gsb??:eek: :confused:

4. Gunner

Gunner New Member

The Hosting service shut it down because we exceeded our bandwidth. Highside is working on a new solution.

5. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

I kept getting faster and I ended up running a 1:22 and dragged my knee. Last lap, I was closing on padgett but i was coming into that sharp right hander the 90s or whatever. I missed a shift and my braking got messed up and then i shifted the wrong way and hit the brakes more then i downshifted and it the rpms were still too low so i upshifted again now in 3rd gear and it bogged a little but it got back into the powerband pretty quick. I think i could've gotten a +/-1:20 if i didn't mess up. Padgett was in a different class anyway so I got a 10th out of about 20 people were in the 80cc class. I learned that suspension setup is the biggest factor in how fast you go because it affects cornerspeed which affects how fast you go down the straight and if you aren't smooth you lose a lot of speed. My suspension was set way too soft and in practice the back end started coming out and i felt that feeling where you feel you're handlebars start getting offset you know what I mean??I set it harder and it feels really good now. That's it until Jennings hopefully I'll catch up with rey and miles.

6. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

You were looking good out there Nick. :up: Keep it up and be running with those guys in no time flat. :)

7. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I changed my screen name

8. mattdeez

mattdeez Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  9. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

That's C superstock. Do you have A superstock? I'd like to see it if you do. Chuck Ivey and I had a good battle.

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

And you won. congrats

11. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

thanks Tim, next time it will be you out there I hope.

12. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

HA! your that guy that posted what you thoguht race-ready was and you still don't have a bike!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005