1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally CSB Vid (and later CSS and BSS)

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Feb 20, 2012.

1. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

http://youtu.be/_At5n6MeeAQ

This was my first time on rain tires. Got down to a 1:06 on the last 3 laps.

More to come after they load. (CSS and BSS)

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

So how confidence inspiring are those rain tires?

3. John LegionST

VERY! I was amazed how quickly I got up to speed and got a knee down in the wet. I was able to brake harder than I thought I would, but the rear becomes VERY loose under braking, something I dont mind but others might not like. I was getting ALL of my braking done before turn in because I didnt want to test the tires ability to trail brake... i dont even know if they will but they felt like they might be able to do some. I was told once by a fast racer that riding in the rain requires you to me smooth, nothing abrupt, and get the bike stood up asap. I tried to do that stuff and it worked well and I had a blast!

4. gerber100

gerber100 Well-Known Member

Awsome man!
    I've only practiced on rains, maybe this year I'll get a chance to race on some.

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Cool, Now load up gnf csb :p

6. John LegionST

OOOHHHHH yeah... just finished up the last of the Tally stuff... ill work on that tonight. prob be loaded to youtube LATE tonight so you should be able to see it tomorrow haha.

Wait, I have nothing from GNF... you meant June Road A CSB...

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh shit John I didn't realize that was you that I came up to and asked about the rains. I was the one in the truck. Good vid though and great riding.

What were yall runing time wise? Looking at the vids what like 1:08-7's? Makes me wanna get back on a 600 only in the rain lol I was yelling at ya to catch the guy in front during the race. Just didn't know it was you lol

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Good to hear and see on a real vid what they can do, there arent that many out there once you try to find them. Last time I was on a wet(ish) track was with dot's spinning almost any gear just trying to get off the corner, all I could do was laugh.

10. John LegionST

HAHAHA, yeah that was me, it's ok I'm horrible about names and faces too. I wanted to come over and say hi but during the break (or at least when I looked) I didnt see you over there.

In that race my times on transponder were 1:08's the first 3 laps, 1:07 the next 3, then 1:06 for the last 3... creeping those times down as I got comfy on the rains. Heck yeah get on a 600 and come play! And thanks for cheering me on even thou you didnt know it was me hahahaha

11. John LegionST

Never thought about that. Glad I filmed and posted it! :beer:

Another thing to keep in mind watching that vid is I have EMPro and Bazzaz TC and it was on "Rain" mode (Bike is an Ex Vesrah AMA bike, so it was setup by Mark). I could def feel the electronics helping me get the throttle open on corner exits and was able to get to Full Throttle sooner than Jared.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hahahaa.... Well I saw you picking up time every lap closing the gap. So I was like GO YELLOW BIKE!!! lol

How's about a 600 only in the rain only at Tally lol. I figured if I'm running 1:11's with 62hp I should be a little faster with almost double.

But you were railing threw turn 1. That's where I'm a big pussy lol

13. John LegionST

HAHAHAHA, funny how as racers we cant help but cheer for a great race even if we have no idea who is in it... :up:

Yep. Def think you should do that... except. 600. all tracks. rain or shine. :D

Thanks, yeah from the backstraight thru farmhouse and thru T1 are my strong points at Tally. need to work on T2-carosel...

14. John LegionST

http://youtu.be/UzC-JDZPBuc

CSS vid. Jared kicked my butt! The Novice you see is Carson Zinger, he was flying this weekend! Had fun playing with him, still wasnt going to let him beat me though hahahaha

15. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Had a blast learning that a bike could move fairly quick with rain tires mounted. First time in the rain and was rushing to get on the track (last minute decision to race... about cancelled thinking I didn't have time to change tires. Had a lot of help making the swap). Think I was the last guy doing the warm up lap and was knee down going round the carousel. Thought it would take a lot longer to learn 'rain riding mannerisms' but really wasn't that way. Just wish I would have had time to check tire pressures. Came off the track with warm tires registering at 26 and 27 psi. Imagine my surprise when Stickboy told me they were suppose to be 35psi cold. I really didn't know I was having a problem out there. Regardless, good time/tiring time/stressful time. Thanks John for the props after the race :beer:

16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Nice bit of riding in the wet there! :up:

17. John LegionST

18. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Woot Woot!!!!!