1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega vs Superbowl

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Dec 20, 2010.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Okay, does anyone care enough about the superbowl to skip Tally or only enter early races? Wondering if it's worth trying to change the date. Prolly can't anyway but I was thinking about it so figured I'd get input.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What's a Superbowl?

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Is there a cold fruity alcoholic beverage in the superbowl?

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

hmmmmmmmm......and the falcons have a REAL good chance of being in it. thats a tough one. BUT, seeing as how im less than 2 hours from Tally, i'll be home in time to watch it anyhow. :D

5. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Anyone who'd rather watch a football game then race, should have their licensed revoked, and we should be informed of it here so we can properly use peer pressure to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There is only three reasons to miss a race:

1. Birth in the family
    2. Death in the family
    3. If you're broke or have to work with no way to get out of it other than losing your job.

Some might suggest that they're getting married that day...we all know wedding plans take a 6 months to a year...so you have plenty of time to schedule your wedding around a race weekend. :D

6. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

I've watched a few at Jennings :)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wifey wanted 8-29-09 for our wedding. I quickly went to MotoGP.com to look at the schedule. It just so happens, the 29th was the Indy GP. We got married on the 22nd, and the flight for our honeymoon left the following morning.......of the race! :D

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Not the superbowl.. But having a race again on Mother's Day is not helping me stay out of trouble. Just sayin'.. :)

10. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I got married on a race weekend, couldn't get around it. My best friend went racing instead of coming to my wedding.

I did do the right thing though and actually advised him to do it. :D

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:stupid:

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It wouldn't be the first time Tally was the weekend of the superbowl. If I remember I still made it home to watch the game.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Shite! I never even put the 2 dates together. I could care less, except the company my wife works for is sponsoring the Superbowl and we get 1st class tickets to everything. I have never been to a Superbowl, so looks like I'll miss Tally.

Double Shite!!

14. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Didn't we watch last years at Outback on the way back from Tally?

15. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I thought it had been done before