1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Gran Prix Sportsman/National 4/10-11/21

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

just a quick question , i see LWT Twins SB and Clubman on sat but not on Sunday which is fine but as it stands those two classes will not run Sunday as best as i understand and i could bump up if so desired . Thank you in advance and looking forward to Tally. Cheers

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I believe It’s because it’s a National on Sunday and lwtSB and clubman are not generally National classes.

I would Confirm this with Sean/WERA for official word.

Buell1965 likes this.
  4. Buell1965

Thats awesome , meens some fast cats are gonna show and i might just learn a thing or two . thank you RRP .

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Sunday is National classes only. Which classes you can run will depend on your bike mainly.

Buell1965 likes this.
  6. Buell1965

Excellent , I shall race sat and enjoy some great action sunday . Thank you

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are riding, but if you're running LWT SB, you should be able to run Formula 2 National on Sunday. Bike dependent, of course.

Buell1965 likes this.
  8. Buell1965

Thanks eric , I went over the rule book but still not sure if the Ducati 900SS is eligible for F2 even if it's ok for LWTSB .

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

For F2 rulebook says “Up to700cc 4-stroke twins”, so off the cuff I’d say 900 Duc is a no go.

But as always - I would ask Sean/WERA for confirmation.

Buell1965 likes this.
  10. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

The Duc 900ss is definitely eligible for the National F2 class.

FORMULA 2 EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 396cc 2-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 500cc 2-stroke air-cooled twins and multis
    Up to700cc 4-stroke twins
    Up to 600cc 4-stroke air-cooled multis
    Up to 565cc 4-stroke water-cooled multis
    Unlimited singles
    ***All D Superbike and LWT (SS and SB) Machines (must retain orignal class legality)***

Buell1965 likes this.
  11. Buell1965

thanks RRP .

12. Buell1965

Thank u again eric , aside from the sharkskin body work the bike is all stock and to be honest F2 would be a better fit for me as on review on past tally lap times and not really wishing for the LWTSB sharkpool (not that i am skeered , well maybe) maybe Mongo will chime in and i will respect the spirit of the rules regardless . Cheers

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No worries, glad Eric caught that last line in the book. That’s why I always tell people to ask Sean and confirm.

Good luck and get out there.

Buell1965 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talladega on Sunday won't have LWT SB - it'll be LWT SS only so no 900SS in it but definitely fine in F2 and HWT SB.

15. Buell1965

Thank You Mongo sir , and gots a plan now that i heard it straight from the Baller shot calla , sorry couldnt resist .

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. Buell1965

Well somebody had to ask so just call me Horshack , any idea on move in and gonna assume around 3pm friday 4/9 and will we be able to tech our bike friday evening . Cheers and looking forward to Talladega .

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

STT is having a track day so the track will be open all day. I'd guess move in will be starting Thursday early evening. No registration or tech Friday, all of our officials will be travelling to the track too.

Buell1965 likes this.
  19. Buell1965

Roger and copy with a hearty thank you for putting on the show .

20. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how late the gates will be open tonight at Tally? If memory serves me correctly I believe they close them after 10pm. Can someone confirm?

Buell1965 likes this.