1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega 2/20-21/2021

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. dhpiper478

dhpiper478 Well-Known Member

2 rounds of practice Sat or 1?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so the rules for the Grom Cup are a bit generic
    are numbers & safety wiring required? license plates removed? trying to enter my Grom for fun, but not sure what i'd have to do for it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2 barring any issues, same as normal.

dhpiper478 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of the normal rules for racebikes apply to the Groms. So all of chapter 8 is important too. For that matter the entire rulebook is pretty important :crackup: The only exception we make for the minis is we require more of a track day safety wiring and no steering damper.

RRP likes this.
  6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

ok thanks for clarifying. looks like i wont be able to race my Grom then. bummer.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it would need at least some minimal race prep.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

totally understand. was going to enter it as a fun "who cares" sort of race. but if it's requiring safety wiring and race prep, it's not worth it for a 1 time sort of shenanigans.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

mirrors and turn signals off, lights disconnect and taped, a few bolts wired... that’s basically it or did my grom wrongfully pass tech those couple of times?

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'm not drilling bolts to wire a street legal pit bike that only goes 60 MPH. this is the only WERA event i can go to that will have a Grom Cup race. not worth it for 15 mins of fun. also i dont have number plates for it.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

IIRC, I drilled the oil drain and 2 other engine bolts as well as the front brake caliper bolts. kickstand stayed on.
    taped the headlight and slapped numbers on it

Oh and ask anyone, it’s worth 15 min of fun.

(Or: how much time have you invested sometimes to get laid ; which lasted 3 minutes :D)

TLR67 likes this.
  13. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

:Puke:
    Most wives get a little snippy if you slap the ‘headlights’ with ANYTHING ...
    :crackup::D

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

play it smooth

Inquizid likes this.
  15. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I'm prepping my son's Honda CR50 for the Mini's class, do I need to plan to safety wire a small turkey basting pan underneath it to serve as a belly pan?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, no need on the minis. They're basically a track day safety wire requirement.

17. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Great, thanks for the quick response :flag:

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

@Mongo how do i cancel my entry? can it be done on the online portal?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, email me.

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

ok. sent an email yesterday. wasnt sure if there was a self portal available to avoid bothering you guys.